Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't forget to warn us if you lose more range. o_O
LOL. Will do.

I am hoping maybe just maybe this is the start of Tesla trying to remedy the situation. Maybe they finally figured out how to test further to either identify specific issues or at least get more info. The reason I am hopeful is if I was them and just wanted that info for internal use I would not have added the info to the release notes and just kept it hidden in an update.

Can you post the picture of the release notes here so we can read exactly what it says?

51A9EA6D-A7A4-4418-B45B-CD0DFED73059.jpeg

LOL. Will do.

I am hoping maybe just maybe this is the start of Tesla trying to remedy the situation. Maybe they finally figured out how to test further to either identify specific issues or at least get more info. The reason I am hopeful is if I was them and just wanted that info for internal use I would not have added the info to the release notes and just kept it hidden in an update.

Let's hope so.
But probably it will only take more range from some of the already affected cars....

Perhaps I am overly skeptical these days but I interpreted the release notes as "we are getting better at finding cars to cap and throttle" -- my more generous self is thinking perhaps they have made some progress in understanding the cause of conditions X and Z.

Or, it can be a heads up to the soon to be capped owners. We have been complaining we were not told about being capped and why, so they are telling the owners.

I think that is a significant exaggeration. Isn't the battery in your Model S capped? But yet you are still driving your Model S. So the battery must not be "useless."

That is true. If my laptop stops booting, I can still use it as a hammer. I just cannot use it for its original intended purpose.

Just got update to 2019.49.2.3.

Release notes say it has High Voltage Battery Diagnostics Improvements. Something about being able to better detect performance degradation.
For your infected Tesla? I don't even see that one showing up on the trackers yet. You on the early release program?

Ah! I see... You mean 2019.40.2.3. Looks like its only out to the infected models so far. AP1 and non AP. S60, 70, 85.
Wonder how much MORE KW and power I will lose.
Knowing Tesla it probably changes the faults stored to make it look more gradual :p