Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today i warmed the battery for charging at a supercharger. Also, i watched the temperature and the BMS max charge rate ( scan my tesla ) when i drove off, and before i started charging. The BMS max was reduced within a few seconds after i started charging from 63 kW ( so regen was ok ) to 52 kW. It didn't got any higher then 52 kW during charging up to 84% ( i was testing the speed of charging ). It only dropped.

Also, i have found one thing that could be of interest a week ago during supercharging:
When i charged at the supercharger, i put in the adress of the supercharger ( where i was charging at that moment ) as the destination.
It then started to warm the battery for supercharging for a number of minutes ( at least, that was what the car said on the screen ).
Guess that could speed charging a bit as the battery get warm faster.
I did not had scan my tesla at that time, so not shure if indeed the battery was being heated.

"Update" on the class action: They want to continue discussions and are asking the court to stay the case until after their next scheduled update on January 31st, 2020. (Looks like a typo, I assume they meant 2021... :oops:)

OK. Here is my settlement offer:
Since Tesla maintains that our cars are safe and there is nothing wrong with them, then Tesla needs to take back our cars, give us new ones, and sell the old ones as CPO cars. Suddenly I bet they say there are 'issues' with selling the used batteries with the 'diminished values' in a CPO.

Depending on depreciation they might need to buy them back. that's what VW had to do when it tried to secretly software- nerf cars. GM is still figuring out what they need to do about Tesla's battery fires problem, but at least GM went the lawful route. Tesla is still concealing everything and at this point I think it's because they waited to long to just do what GM showed them how to do a year and a half later. at some point honesty is going to have to be a priority, it's just taking 2 years for Tesla to come to that realization.

New update also changes UI to P58D. SeC will change badging to reflect upon next visit.
With a "Nominal Full Pack" of 74.X kWh, I effectively have a P75D now with roughly 70 kWh usable.
Not even 50K miles yet, but I can't really tell what is degradation and what is nerf anymore.
SC speeds are lower than what they were in Summer 2019, even after the notorious 2019.16.x update.

<JokeMode>
Ô the irony... while I invested in Tesla to keep the Earth from getting too warm, my 85 battery would actually perform better in warmer climate :eek:
</JokeMode>

Disclaimer: Still a believer and very aware that I embarked in 2015 on a journey in uncharted territory, which, all things considered, led to driving -still today- an amazing car.

Guess that could speed charging a bit as the battery get warm faster.
The car heats the battery during charging as needed w/o supercharger as destination.
The battery gets heated even on AC if it's cold enough.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-18 um 00.20.00.png