Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon anyone? 2018.24.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe so but everyone who posts screenshots of the Summon update has 4 digit VINs or less. Maybe it's really employee cars or folks who were opted-in to the first release ring.

I have had updates for both my older S and my current 3 come in different orders. On the 3, I was one of the last to get 2018.10.4. For this release (2018.24.1) I'm towards the front of the line. I'm fairly convinced that the rollout process is actually random, and when you get it is simple luck of the draw.

Reactions: emorog and fseir
This release is seeing a wider release today. TeslaFi is showing 4 times the installs today compared to yesterday for the entire fleet (S,X and 3). Hopefully those of us that are still waiting will get the update soon.

Well I assume most people dont monitor their charge rates at home very.cosely but TeslaFi and my screen in the car confirm that car maxes out at 32amps now instead of 48 and it started immediately after the .24 upgrade.

@KManS,

Do you think this is a bug? Why would they restrict the charge rate like this? Have you mentioned this in the charging threads? Any feedback?

Ski

Why are 3s so slow to get this update? TeslaFi is showing 866 total but only 27 are 3s. 3s really need this to get WiFi because where I live AT&T signal is crap.

It’s possible that they found a bug specific to the Model 3 that caused them to halt the rollout. If that is the case I’d expect a new version to start rolling out early next week.

Reactions: emorog
My garage is a under the house and summons stops just when the car starts the incline up. I had to summon it forward to get in as I could not open the door. WOW 1st world problems! Any know of settings that can help get it out of the garage?

My garage is a under the house and summons stops just when the car starts the incline up. I had to summon it forward to get in as I could not open the door. WOW 1st world problems! Any know of settings that can help get it out of the garage?

Lol 1st world problems! Today the AC was too cold when I got in my car on this 95 degree day.

Oddly enough my car will summon back out of the garage just fine.

How well does summon work putting your car into the garage? Your situation looks similar to mine and my car repeatedly stops when trying to summon it into the garage. It’s slightly uphill, small lip entering the garage. Only when the front of the car is already poking into the garage will it summon in.

I generally get out with the front wheels over the lip. My driveway is included plus there's a bump at the garage lip. Goes in reliably this way.