Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding is there are multiple CHAdeMO charging options in Albuquerque.
You might do a bit of research.

Hope you can find at least one valid one during this trip.
Greenlots also had one at Winrock, but Greenlots was experiencing technical difficulties. Nissan also had one. The Sheraton was good enough although they wasted 2 Tesla HPWC's with 40 amp service rather than 80 amp service. In retrospect, I could have made it to Santa Rosa without the few extra miles I received at the Sheraton.

Just got a return call from Laurie Moye of PNM. She checked with her contacts and was told that the supercharger is up and running.

If anyone with a Model S was thinking of going over there, and won't melt in the heat, could you check it out and see if this information is correct? If not, please post here and I'll get back to her. Thanks!

Sure hope her information is correct!

Note: Corrected typo. It's PNM not PMN! (Although it's starting to feel like PMS!)

Last edited:
Just got a return call from Laurie Moye of PMN. She checked with her contacts and was told that the supercharger is up and running.

If anyone with a Model S was thinking of going over there, and won't melt in the heat, could you check it out and see if this information is correct? If not, please post here and I'll get back to her. Thanks!

Great news! I plan on using that Supercharger (as well as others that haven't even been started!) on a long trip I'll be taking later this year. :)

Just got a return call from Laurie Moye of PNM. She checked with her contacts and was told that the supercharger is up and running.

Excellent News, thanks for the update.
Great to hear this location is now amongst the living and functioning parts of the Supercharger network.

Hmm. Tempted to check it out and verify.

It'd be fun if a whole bunch of NM owners agreed on a date/time and converged on the site. Well, maybe not a whole bunch, but just enough so we all get a charger :)

I am local and willing to meet up. I'll check it out tonight. Maybe Friday local tesla owners can come by for a happy hour drink?

Hold up there everyone. Love the enthusiasm, but we have no confirmation the site is actually open.

The Tesla Motors web site still shows the Albuquerque SC as "Coming Soon" and no one has reported that they have actually charged at this SC yet so...please don't get ahead of things...we need actual confirmation from an actual Tesla owner.

Don't want to be a buzz kill but I would hate to have someone get the wrong idea, plan a trip expecting the Albuquerque SC to be open and be disappointed.

I am trying to work this issue. I contacted the City - they claim everything is fine. Then I contacted the power company - now they are reporting all is fine. If the SC is still not operational, I'm going to contact Tesla and start bugging them.

The site construction was completed almost a month ago. Very strange the site is still not open...or is it?

Hope someone will let us know soon.

It's probably open since we changed plans today based on it not being open. We are driving from Sacramento area to Austin Texas in the next couple of weeks. Originally we were going to use the supercharger here and continue on to Santa Rosa to stay overnight. Cancelled the reservation in Santa Rosa and made one at the Sheraton to use the destination charger. If it's really open may change back.

I went by about 7:00 PM MDT. It was not open. The transformer is humming and there is data on the meter but the Tesla cabinets inside the enclosure appear to be off. I tried two of the six stalls and they not operational. Sorry for you cross country travelers but good for the Sheraton I guess!

I just drove San Fran back to Austin TX via I40. I had no problem going from SC Gallup NM to SC Santa Rosa NM - I kept it under 70 mph and arrived with 20+ miles remaining in P85 w/ 21 inch - A/C was on as it was 90deg day. it is downhill going east in NM via I40. I was able to SC the whole way back to Austin - no RV parks needed.

As of Friday afternoon this supercharger still doesn't have power. I would've stopped at Applebee's for lunch but now I'm over at Dave and Buster's while my car chargers on the level III.

- - - Updated - - -

OnlyA guess here, but Tesla maybe delaying the opening of the supercharger because of all the construction in the area. It is a challenge to get to it if you're not familiar with the area. I note to Tesla, if that's the reason, open it up will find a way to get to it.

Just called Applebees and talked to the manager. He says it's been cleared by everybody and it's in Tesla's hands at the moment, and that Tesla has decided to hold off on opening it, because they want to put a fence around it.

My guess is there's a little bit of garbled communications (fence? Tesla? what?) and that some other entity, city? county?, is behind the request for a fence.

So that is apparently what is holding things up.

I told him the day it opens expect an army of Tesla owners descending on his establishment, so keep the beer cold. He's ready for us. :)

Passed through ABQ yesterday so naturally I stopped by the Applebees to check up on the Supercharger. It looks shiny brand new and ... forgotten.

Not a soul around. I plugged in, but no juice.

Oh, and I got an email reply back (finally) from Tesla's supercharger email address. I'd emailed them on June 23. Their reply:

Thank you for your email and patience for a response. Although there is no active construction at the station in Albuquerque, we still have a few remaining tasks to complete. As soon as we have a clear timeline for the Station opening, we will be sure to send you a follow up email.

We look forward to Supercharging Albuquerque as soon as possible, and we sincerely appreciate your support for Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

"A few remaining tasks to complete." As Jon Stewart would say, "Go on............"