Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hm, I s'pose I could do 11:30 today, but I think it would be better to have a better advertised and confirmed time. Maybe someone could put up a Doodle or use the TMC polling function?

/me slowly steps back, not wanting to appear to be volunteering to be the organizer

I would gladly come over from Chicago if it was on a weekend, and maybe convince some other owners here to join me.

In Ann Arbor for a class this weekend and used the superchargers a couple of times (on arrival and before heading out). Nice location. The charging pedestals look sharp, especially at night with the lighting.

I've used this supercharger twice now and both times noticed the charging rate is lower than what I've seen at others. Example: I saw 210 mph and about 200 amps... while others I have seen 333 mph and about 270 amps. Anyone else noticed this? Is this location a bit slower than some others?

I got 329 mph @ 256A when I tried it. Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI - Page 16

The following data is from VisibleTesla logs from my charging session on 9/10. Not sure how this compares with what gets displayed in the car, but seems consistent with what I have experienced at other superchargers:
TimeSOCmphAmps
21:2620----
21:3024323.0321.5
21:3433370.9295.7
21:3842364.1259.0
21:4249348.3223.4
Obviously, I started charging somewhere between the first two entries. SOC is improving by about 9% every 4 minute initially, with noticeable taper (current reduction) starting at a SOC of around 40%. Mine was the only Tesla in the lot, so no problem with the AB sharing situation which can reduce the charging rate.

Last edited:
Ribbon cutting

IMG_0416.jpg