Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meijer is also hosting some of the SCs in Indiana, as well, such as the one in Lafayette.
Does anyone know if there's some kind of formal relationship between Tesla and Meijer? These can't all be coincidence.

I met one of the early Tesla adopters at the Maumee SC. He has a large solar array just west of Monroe, MI. He is also in charge of outbound logistics for Meijer and he talked his boss into (at least) one Tesla. The rest, as they say...

I met one of the early Tesla adopters at the Maumee SC. He has a large solar array just west of Monroe, MI. He is also in charge of outbound logistics for Meijer and he talked his boss into (at least) one Tesla. The rest, as they say...

It's no coincidence. Doug Meijer owns three Teslas. He "gets it." And saw the future and acted on it before his competition (Target, Walmart, etc.). Doug Meijer was at the Grand Rapids opening I believe.

$0.09 per KWH off peak vs $0.21 per KWH on peak.

In practice I probably won't do it more than once every few months.
Oh, EVSE rate. I wouldn't have called it "ridiculous" but it is higher, for sure. 'Course, you could also plug into a normal household plug during the day and split the difference with regular residential rate, if you don't need much of a charge. (I've considered doing this in the past but either I've still got a full enough pack not to bother, or I need a faster charge than 110 can deliver, so either way it doesn't work out.)

Given I've never seen more than two cars at the Meijer's stalls anyway, I'm not bothered.

I've used this supercharger four times for about 20 minutes each time. And each time there was only one other car, or none. This is not (yet) a crowded supercharger, so I don't believe it's a big deal to use it sometimes for local driving. In fact, I wonder if it's beneficial for Tesla to have locals use it from time to time so that it doesn't look to passers-by like a waste of 8 parking spaces that are rarely used.

You can find any number of people on this site who'll rip your head off for even thinking of using your local supercharger. No justification or rationalization will persuade them. So tread carefully.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Well here I was thinking that it would be a good opportunity to meet fellow Tesla owners - obviously I wouldn't use it if there was high demand. I agree that ensuring some baseline usage should theoretically encourage maintenance and/or expansion. Not to mention the obvious free advertising that comes with people passing by and seeing the stations in use

• Helpful
Reactions: MarcoRP and jgs
On Reddit, it was reported that it will be closed for a week for resurfacing the parking lot.

sOyMCuk.jpg

View attachment 505993
I haven’t been there today. Does anybody know why? Or perhaps an eta?
Lately, when I’ve used it, I’ve only been able to pull high-60’s kW, even with an hour’s preconditioning, when I would normally expect higher. Last night, coming back from a trip, I pulled 75 kW when I would have expected over 100, and that was the best I’ve seen for a while. So, maybe it’s having problems delivering full power, or maybe my car doesn’t precondition well. That’s all the data I have. :confused: