Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been monitoring this thread for quite a while now. Would have really helped cut some time down on a trip I took over Thanksgiving (had to detour to SC on the way from Raleigh to Knoxville) but so happy this is finally live! Looking forward to taking a trip to Asheville soon! Thanks to qblack1 and all those posting updates about this!

We're on the map!
IMG_4245t.jpg
IMG_4246t.jpg

Congratulations to the coalition of Western North Carolina groups supporting sustainable energy and related concerns, for the Asheville Supercharger inauguration yesterday. It was well attended by many EV owners of all stripes, including at least 15 Teslas. The civic spirit is strong in the mountains. My one regret is that there were so many people there, I am sure I missed meeting some whose posts I have read, or who I would have enjoyed talking with for other reasons. It seems as though name tags these days need your institutional affiliation, the car you own, where you post and what your online handle is, in addition to your name and hometown, and probably more.

Thanks to McHoffa for posting pix and recommending the Moose Cafe 2 miles up the road. At least 4 Tesla loads ate there. Very good. And thanks to Joe Baum, Blue Ridge EV, for co-ordinating the charging.

Let the record show that I charged up to an arbitrary rated range of 247 miles before leaving the Supercharger, and drove directly down I-26/US 301 to Santee, at speeds adjusted between 60 and 70 mph in order to arrive at the Santee SpC (209 miles) with exactly 10% remaining. 2044 feet downhill in dry conditions, temps mid to upper 30's. Moderate traffic, lots of inactive construction sites south of Columbia.

scoots

Sorry to have missed this!

The Tesla Owners club "Motherfrunkers" are planning a trip of their own to Asheville... Hope to see and meet some local tesla owners in Asheville

If you're a tesla owner, look up the Motherfrunkers group on Facebook!

Last edited:
The Tesla Owners club "Motherfrunkers" are planning a trip of their own to Asheville...

vkrishan,

If you want to do it January 1st, we've got a small group of Motherfrunkers driving down to Asheville from the Washington, DC area using the new Superchargers along I-81 in Lexington and Wytheville.

New Years Day Meet Up?

-Lanny

Congratulations to the coalition of Western North Carolina groups supporting sustainable energy and related concerns, for the Asheville Supercharger inauguration yesterday. It was well attended by many EV owners of all stripes, including at least 15 Teslas. The civic spirit is strong in the mountains. My one regret is that there were so many people there, I am sure I missed meeting some whose posts I have read, or who I would have enjoyed talking with for other reasons. It seems as though name tags these days need your institutional affiliation, the car you own, where you post and what your online handle is, in addition to your name and hometown, and probably more.

Thanks to McHoffa for posting pix and recommending the Moose Cafe 2 miles up the road. At least 4 Tesla loads ate there. Very good. And thanks to Joe Baum, Blue Ridge EV, for co-ordinating the charging.

Let the record show that I charged up to an arbitrary rated range of 247 miles before leaving the Supercharger, and drove directly down I-26/US 301 to Santee, at speeds adjusted between 60 and 70 mph in order to arrive at the Santee SpC (209 miles) with exactly 10% remaining. 2044 feet downhill in dry conditions, temps mid to upper 30's. Moderate traffic, lots of inactive construction sites south of Columbia.

scoots

I was there... I had the Brown Model S just behind the ribbon. Great turnout!