Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8861.jpeg

Reactions: ChrisC and mociaf9
A partial story of the Atlantic Steel Mill (an industrial site) which was redeveloped into Atlantic Station (a neighborhood) is on wikipedia. As with most redevelopment of industrial sites... ground contamination remains a common concern.

"Atlantic Station is located on the site of the Atlantic Steel mill, which opened in 1901. The steel mill was nearly closed in the mid-1970s, but it remained nominally operational primarily to avoid the huge costs it would have required to remediate the soil contamination present after years of operation."

"First planned in the mid-1990s and officially opened in 2005, [Atlantic Station]'s 138 acres (558,000 m²) are located on the former brownfield site of the Atlantic Steel mill."

"In 1998, the Developers purchased the [Steel Mill] complex for about 76 million USD, tore down the complex, cleaned up the site and built Atlantic Station in its place."

So I might live and shop there, but I would not disturb the soil, plant a garden, or hang-out near construction which disturbed the soil. It is unclear to me how successful soil clean-up can be, even given diligently following the approved process.

So I might live and shop there, but I would not disturb the soil, plant a garden, or hang-out near construction which disturbed the soil. It is unclear to me how successful soil clean-up can be, even given diligently following the approved process.
This isn't possible since the site's ground is completely paved over and below the bottom levels of the parking deck. The Street/"ground" level is 30' to 50' above the actual soil. Here is a pic I took from the bottom of the parking deck on true ground level. As you can see there is no chance of planting or disturbing the soil since it is so far below you and under payment.

IMG_7990.jpeg

Bonus fun:

Here is a pic of my building and it inThe Falcon and The Winter Solder relocated in "Manhattan".

IMG_8012.jpeg
IMG_7900.jpeg

Last edited:
Photo of pedestals as seen from the opposite side as Julien's photo yesterday (above), from an owner who stopped by today. Looking at BOTH photos I count 16 pedestals. Looking at the construction plan drawing (further above), I think they are there just not captured in the photos. There's no way to capture all 20 in one photo due to the funky layout and columns in the way.

AS.jpg

Photo of pedestals as seen from the opposite side as Julien's photo yesterday (above), from an owner who stopped by today. Looking at BOTH photos I count 16 pedestals. Looking at the construction plan drawing (further above), I think they are there just not captured in the photos. There's no way to capture all 20 in one photo due to the funky layout and columns in the way.
Is it me or does this look a little bit poorly planned out? I am trying to figure out where everybody parks in case all 20 were used at once and it's not looking good. Maybe I am missing something, I'll check it out in person. But if I compare this to the original plans, the first 8 stalls here (4 on each side) are a bit of a mess. Look at the 2nd from the right stall, it is in the middle of the parking spot which is going to push the vehicle into the middle of the path isle between the rows. Also the orientation of these stalls might make the cord pretty tight to reach the vehicle.

How does this impact us? If people are coming by to charge, and the computer says there are only 1 or 2 spots available but you cannot reach them then that could frustrate people.

Kinda strange there hasn't been anyone working on site in a few days. Not sure if there is a problem or if the main construction is complete (still needs some concrete work). odd to leave coolers, equipment and supplies if finished. May walk in Sunday morning if feeling frisky.

IMG_8960 (1).jpeg

IMG_8964 (1).jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9
Was OoT Sunday so didn't go in. Things are grindingly slow. Site has been cleaned up and I think most paving work done. No decals on the Stations yet. Still only ONE person on site and doing ?????? Mixing a drink.:p
IMG_8989.jpeg

Also I wish Tesla would REALLY add WiFi or take it off the info screen. Plus every time the stalls are full it always says "Short Wait".:rolleyes: How does it know how long the cue is?:eek:
IMG_8986.jpeg

Oddly the original 10 V2’s are not ABAB…so you have no way of knowing if you are sharing or not.

So the V3’s are taking it to new level of confusion. Tesla will need to assign an engineer on site to direct people were to park and which SC to use.

Is this the most unintuitive mess of SC in the world?

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9031.jpeg

IMG_9034.jpeg

IMG_9030.jpeg

IMG_9029.jpeg

Progress?????? Since completion on the 15th that have have the Grayed Out “Reduced Service” Wrench. This morning before leaving work I cut on AC and checked Charging. Surprised I saw 0/30 available. When I got home they were still the same and no one (I saw) on site working. It is even updated on the car’s Map but not on the website.

Looks like it might take as long to switch on as it did to install them.

IMG_9177.jpeg

IMG_9176.jpeg

• Informative
WOW, this is something. Have lived here for almost 2 years and visited many times before and I have NEVER seen the Supercharger completely empty. Also all the lights are off so the power must be off too.

Before leaving this morning went to check the App for the Superchargers and have the new App with the nicer UI. Scrolled for Charging and ???????? WTH. It’s MIA. [rant]Liked having the chargers in a list under Charging. This is very organized and intuitive. Why the hell remove such a nice feature?[/rant]

Looked under location and see the site is temporarily closed. Just got home and 6 hours later it is still closed and no one around.

IMG_9181.jpeg
IMG_9186.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
Went to leave work and it said 1 Available meaning they were still not cut on. As I pulled into the Parking Deck I noticed it said 22 Available. So I decided to walk down and look. Sure enough they were lite up but strangely (I thought) there were 8 cars charging and ALL 8 were at the old V2s. So I thought they may not be working. Only 1 way to know so went to get my car. As I pulled out of our "nest" parking a Model S came behind me. I backed into a V3 and he did also about 4 spots up. Plugged in and WORKING. Then another S pulled in and started charging. A guy with a Model Y was coming to his car and asked if they were working? Said when he pulled up they didn't work and he just saw a guy in a truck turning them on. While I had no intention of charging it looks like I'm the first by about 10 seconds.

Pic I took wile walking and no one using yet.
IMG_9189.jpeg

IMG_9191.jpeg

IMG_9192.jpeg

Last edited: