Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The information I saw was 11th and Yakamia, we’ve been by that several times no idea where it would fit, no permit on file that I can find. Auburn started permitting in Feb 2019, so much for the end of 2019 for Tacoma

Most of the ones that say coming in 2019 will switch to coming in 2020. I think Tacoma and Olympia have no actual progress so far, including permits.

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
The information I saw was 11th and Yakamia, we’ve been by that several times no idea where it would fit, no permit on file that I can find. Auburn started permitting in Feb 2019, so much for the end of 2019 for Tacoma
That looks like it's just based on the position of the grey marker on Tesla's map, which is totally useless for figuring out where the supercharger will actually go. There's not connection between the two. The grey marks on Tesla's map just correspond to where Google maps puts the marker for a city/town/neighborhood name. So, if you ask Google for directions to "Tacoma, WA" that will be the end point.

What’s the source of your info? Also some sites on Tesla’s map have been there for years and get moved from one year to the next.

Just tried once, it’s still not working.
B5A3CF1A-E09B-4645-A829-43193F15CF2B.jpeg

If you're going to Sequim (or Bainbridge and Kingston) this won't help you much. Kinda out of the way. Unless you plan on taking the ferry from downtown Seattle or Edmonds. Also there are superchargers in Seattle, Lynnwood, Monroe, Issaquah, and Arlington.
What about taking the Narrows bridge (Highway 16) over after supercharging at Auburn? Not as far out of the way, and you don't incur the expensive ferry fares. Although, there is a toll charge coming back over the Narrows if you plan on supercharging at Auburn on the way back as well.

The stalls need to be numbered and the TESLA lettering needs to be lit up. Otherwise it isn't going to work! We are waiting for the site to be tested by a supercharger tech (Tesla employee) and then possibly some inspection to get it turned on. Usually, if you see the guy testing, the opening is imminent. If he finds everything to be working properly, it will be powered on and available later that day.

And then it takes anywhere from a day to a month to get the supercharger officially listed on the website and showing in the Nav. I post this trying to prevent a full page of posts about this topic since it seems to happen in every thread! That way we can simply move on to the "now they need to open a supercharger in city XYZ!" posts.