Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bishop, CA (LIVE 18 Nov 2020, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any new guess for a completion date for Bishop? Travel thru there once or twice a year and would be nice to have options soon.
The usual response from many people here is "no one knows". Judging from the last pictures, head way has been made, but there is much to be done. These sites can go reaaly fast or ridiculously slow. Last report from only a few days ago said that there were still trenches. My guess: weeks at the very best. Probably much longer though. I won't be heading up until December, and am confident it will be up by then.

When I was at the site October 3 there were no trenches. It appeared all the underground work was done. What was left was to install the three V3 tesla charging cabinets which were not on site, as well as the 12 Tesla charging stalls. The conduits for all of this were visible poking out of the ground.
Others posted photos showing the large utility transformer is installed, and the pads and conduit stubs ready for the charger cabinets.
I posted a photo showing the new metal high-voltage utility pole is installed, with coiled cable ready to run overhead to the town substation right across the alley.
All these things lead me to leave we are waiting for Tesla to deliver charging cabinets and charging stalls. This delay is very unusual, no way to know how long the wait; it could be any day. Once that happens I would think it would take only a few days to make the connections, wiring everything up. Then there would be an inspection and a Tesla technician would visit the site to do the final checks and activate the station.

When I was at the site October 3 there were no trenches. It appeared all the underground work was done. What was left was to install the three V3 tesla charging cabinets which were not on site, as well as the 12 Tesla charging stalls. The conduits for all of this were visible poking out of the ground.
Others posted photos showing the large utility transformer is installed, and the pads and conduit stubs ready for the charger cabinets.
I posted a photo showing the new metal high-voltage utility pole is installed, with coiled cable ready to run overhead to the town substation right across the alley.
All these things lead me to leave we are waiting for Tesla to deliver charging cabinets and charging stalls. This delay is very unusual, no way to know how long the wait; it could be any day. Once that happens I would think it would take only a few days to make the connections, wiring everything up. Then there would be an inspection and a Tesla technician would visit the site to do the final checks and activate the station.
The updates are nice to have. I'll be thru there right after Thanksgiving unless plans change.

Area A little sketchy but only a block from police Station.
The area is actually fine. Great options for food and drink just a short walk:
- Mercado Mexico
- Great Basin Bakery (excellent)
- Mountain Rambler Brewery (great food and beer)
- Blue Lupine Health Food Store
- La Casita Mexican Restaurant (go in the back door)
Offerings and hours of all these places are currently affected by Covid of course.
I don't plan to charge here (I'm local and charge at home), but I shop regularly at all the places above. I do charge at Mammoth, Lone Pine and Mojave. Looking forward to the Palmdale station.

20201022_122430.jpg
20201022_122435.jpg
20201022_122443.jpg
A couple quick shots I was able to take driving through. Nothing built on the side, just a bunch of material sitting around.

This is a very unusual build. Like what was said above, the transformer is in place, all the conduits are in, yet there are no charging pedestals or cabinets. This would usually be in reverse. Actually, the build is usually complete long before the transformer arrives. If the materials arrive, I imagine all the work could be done in just a few days.

@I'mSteve , since you seen to live there, would love another update this week. Thanks!