Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to see it’s finally open!! Stopped by and charged here and all the stalls have magic dock.
This supercharger has Magic Docks but I wonder if there are active. I also have a CCS car and would like to try it here but the Tesla map does not yet show it as "Open to Non-Tesla". Anybody ever see a CCS car charging there?

This supercharger has Magic Docks but I wonder if there are active. I also have a CCS car and would like to try it here but the Tesla map does not yet show it as "Open to Non-Tesla". Anybody ever see a CCS car charging there?

I just checked my Tesla app and it shows that it's open to non-Teslas with CCS. Just remember that you need to have the Tesla app installed cuz that's how you unlock the magic dock and pay for charging.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 48
This SC has quickly become extremely busy. Usually dominated by TLC drivers…kinda sucks as it’s my understanding that the SC network is not meant for commercial use.
I'm not surprised. This is what is happening at JFK. That's why I knew 12 stalls was not enough. And this was definitely the wrong location to open to non Teslas right now

I'm not surprised. This is what is happening at JFK. That's why I knew 12 stalls was not enough. And this was definitely the wrong location to open to non Teslas right now
3 times for last week I observed non-Tesla (Mercedes, Hyundai and some other brand ) charging there taking 2 spots because charging ports in these cars located on the different side. In the same time was a line with 3-4 Tesla cars waiting to change. And 4 non-Tesla chargers still out of service. Mercedes owner told me he have 30-min free charging sessions for 6 months coming with vehicles and will come to this location often. This mean - less spots for Tesla owners. :-(

3 times for last week I observed non-Tesla (Mercedes, Hyundai and some other brand ) charging there taking 2 spots because charging ports in these cars located on the different side. In the same time was a line with 3-4 Tesla cars waiting to change. And 4 non-Tesla chargers still out of service. Mercedes owner told me he have 30-min free charging sessions for 6 months coming with vehicles and will come to this location often. This mean - less spots for Tesla owners. :-(
Yeah, not sure why they included magicdock at this site considering the demand of Teslas in south Brooklyn is huge. I think the Mercedes driver is confused because that’s not a promotion Tesla was a part of. He likely gets that free supercharging at electrifyamerica and is in for a rude awakening when he gets the charges from Tesla.

Reactions: Cuttin
Now it’s completely insane. I’m leaving 5 min drive from this charger and my car have lifetime free supercharger. Obviously this is the reason for me drive there. This is why I‘m tracing waiting time there. Unbelievable! For last month I didn’t see free spot there. In best case scenario it’s showing me 10 min wait time. Last nigh when App show me 10 min wait time I drove there and stay in line 50 (!!!) min. 80% cars there with TLC license plates. And believe me - I’m going to bed 1-1:30 AM. At this time app showing me 20 min waiting time but in most cases - > 20 min which mean god know how long. Just forget about this place.

I went there yesterday for the first time. As others mentioned, there was a long queue of cars waiting to charge. When navigating to the location on the car, it stated a 25-minute estimated wait time, but I ended up waiting for an hour before charging. I think this particular location is the first that Tesla has opened up to non-Teslas.

Hopefully, there will be more charging stations coming to Brooklyn in the near future.

This SC has quickly become extremely busy. Usually dominated by TLC drivers…kinda sucks as it’s my understanding that the SC network is not meant for commercial use.
Problem is, NYC is a charging desert vs other cities. It's been documented, but instead of focusing of EV adoption rates and providing better charging infrastructure, we're here to push people back to offices then complains there's too much congestion, in translation focusing on how to tax people more via congestion pricing to keep the dysfunctional MTA employed. They have no problem installing toll sensors at quick rate, but have problems improving / maintaining public transit, building out infrastructure for EVs.

Tesla has ALL the data.

They know exactly what’s going on.

This was actually one of the reasons other car companies were hesitant jumping in bed with Tesla for charging until they saw they had absolutely no choice. It’s the data. Just like google and Facebook now. The data is where the money and control are.

Anyway. Tesla can easily block non teslas here. And also enforce the no TLC charging at superchargers, which I think is in the official rules. And build more of coarse.

Reactions: qman66
Tesla has ALL the data.

This was actually one of the reasons other car companies were hesitant jumping in bed with Tesla for charging until they saw they had absolutely no choice. It’s the data. Just like google and Facebook now. The data is where the money and control are.

Anyway. Tesla can easily block non teslas here. And also enforce the no TLC charging at superchargers, which I think is in the official rules. And build more of coarse.
Yeah, more locations is absolutely necessary, hopefully along the belt parkway. Gateway, Kings Plaza, the one gas station in the middle of belt parkway comes to mind. NYC should also support more charging infrastructure, but I see lack of movement. NYC is a different environment where it's an urban compact environment, a lot of people don't have a garage / charging station at home, charging needs to be dense / compact as well.

Reactions: abalexab and qman66
Now it’s completely insane. I’m leaving 5 min drive from this charger and my car have lifetime free supercharger. Obviously this is the reason for me drive there. This is why I‘m tracing waiting time there. Unbelievable! For last month I didn’t see free spot there. In best case scenario it’s showing me 10 min wait time. Last nigh when App show me 10 min wait time I drove there and stay in line 50 (!!!) min. 80% cars there with TLC license plates. And believe me - I’m going to bed 1-1:30 AM. At this time app showing me 20 min waiting time but in most cases - > 20 min which mean god know how long. Just forget about this place.
Same experience for me last night. TLC plates everywhere. Waited about 25 minutes before I could charge. The magic dock situation is a disaster. CCS1 vehicles riding up on the curb at the end of the line. Still don’t understand why they did magic dock here. Legit makes no sense!

Yeah, more locations is absolutely necessary, hopefully along the belt parkway. Gateway, Kings Plaza, the one gas station in the middle of belt parkway comes to mind. NYC should also support more charging infrastructure, but I see lack of movement. NYC is a different environment where it's an urban compact environment, a lot of people don't have a garage / charging station at home, charging needs to be dense / compact as well.
Yeah absolutely all of this. Problem is, for a city that prides itself for being sooooo progressive and at the forefront of “green energy”, they have done veryyyy little to build out infrastructure, whether it’s level 2 charging or DC fast charging. Hypocritical if you ask me.

Tesla has ALL the data.

You think so? Regarding the blocking of TLC? How can they do that? They have access to registration for each vehicle? Just thinking out loud here.