Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Work started today!

IMG_1680.JPG

are they going to keep that bobcat on site each winter? it'll be interesting to see how they plow the snow from this arrangement...

On second thought, it's probably not really worse than any other siting with a curb/island on one end. It'll just be two places the plow contractor has to 'drag' snow from....

I will be driving up from New York to visit family this weekend. I guess it is unlikely to be operational by Columbus Day. However, it seems like people have been waiting on a SC in this area for a while. Glad to see it is getting close!

Tola

South Burlington Supercharger is under construction, these 2 pictures were taken this morning 10/6/2015 and according to the worker on site, the supercharger will have 8 chargers and should be completed within a month..... stay put

That photo shows a horizontal boring machine, allowing feed cables to be run under the pavement to the transformer. Tesla's original site plan only shows 5 superchargers, but I believe it was likely expanded by the time the project was approved.

That photo shows a horizontal boring machine, allowing feed cables to be run under the pavement to the transformer. Tesla's original site plan only shows 5 superchargers, but I believe it was likely expanded by the time the project was approved.

Cool. Plans (Todd's post #55) do show 6, but they've clearly cut pavement for 8...

don't see they'd need a boring machine for cabinet to plug (they've already cut pavement to be replace by a 'curb'), but they do have ~60 feet between the cabinets and the transformer (based on reading plans...)

Cool. Plans (Todd's post #55) do show 6, but they've clearly cut pavement for 8...

don't see they'd need a boring machine for cabinet to plug (they've already cut pavement to be replace by a 'curb'), but they do have ~60 feet between the cabinets and the transformer (based on reading plans...)

Exactly. They had to bore under the pavement to the transformer pad.

Eight bays indeed. (The eighth stanchion is mounted at 90-degrees to the others. Cars park on both sides.) These guys are flying with this installation! Typically, there's a delay between the construction and the utility hookup. Hopefully, this site will be functional by Thanksgiving.

IMG_1748.JPG

Last edited:
Typically, there's a delay between the construction and the utility hookup. Hopefully, this site will be functional by Thanksgiving.
I just scanned through the last few pages of the Brattleboro. It looks like construction was completed around 1/8/15, and went live a week later.

Green Mountain Power services both Brattleboro and South Burlington, so let's hope that bodes well for a quick hookup here.

I just scanned through the last few pages of the Brattleboro. It looks like construction was completed around 1/8/15, and went live a week later.

Green Mountain Power services both Brattleboro and South Burlington, so let's hope that bodes well for a quick hookup here.

I know Mary Powell, the CEO of Green Mountain Power. She is very excited to see this installation in South Burlington. GMP was the first utility in the U.S. to become a dealer for Tesla's Power Wall. So at least in this instance the utility understands the significance of a Supercharger.

At the Hooksett, NH Superchargers (on I-93 North & South) there was a delay between construction and grid hookup, but this was not in GMP's territory.

Does anyone have any suggestions for charging in Burlington while we wait for the supercharger to open? I'll be charging in West Lebanon on the way up to burlington Friday night. spending the night in Burlington and then Saturday morning heading over to Hill Farmstead in Greensboro Bend, VT on Saturday for some beer tasting and then returning to Burlington. I'll need to top off my battery friday night before the trek to Greensboro Bend and will then need to charge again saturday night for a few before commuting back to West Lebanon. Any good charging suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,