Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cape May, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of 5/21 not operational. They are deceiving- you can plug into your car but there’s no juice.
The fact that the car's nav didn't show it as an operational supercharger should be sufficient protection against anyone feeling deceived. But, just in case you needed a bit more, with this style of supercharger you can tell whether they are powered or not just by looking at the "TESLA" logo. If it's illuminated, then there's power. Unlit means no juice.

As of today it really appears complete, but still no power. Perhaps it's just waiting for connection by AC Electric.
19-05-29 CMCH No Power Yet.jpg

Attachments

• 19-05-29 CMCH No Power Yet.jpg
    19-05-29 CMCH No Power Yet.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Informative
Reactions: Acps110 and mociaf9
That's frustrating. When I checked it out on Memorial Day weekend, I felt sure they'd be operational within 2 weeks at most - it doesn't look like there's much or anything left for them to do.

Still no go as of tonight
it doesn't look like there's much or anything left for them to do.
Well, no one has yet taken a picture showing that the utility transformer is in place. Nor that the electrical meter has been installed. So, it's hard to tell whether everything is actually done or not.

For anyone in the area that wants to check and confirm whether it's there or not, the pad for the transformer is behind the line of white supercharger cabinets when you look at them from the charging stalls. The transformer will look like a big green box (like this). Or, if it's still not there, you'll see an empty, squarish concrete pad (see the second picture in this post to see which pad I'm talking about).

Well, no one has yet taken a picture showing that the utility transformer is in place. Nor that the electrical meter has been installed. So, it's hard to tell whether everything is actually done or not.

For anyone in the area that wants to check and confirm whether it's there or not, the pad for the transformer is behind the line of white supercharger cabinets when you look at them from the charging stalls. The transformer will look like a big green box (like this). Or, if it's still not there, you'll see an empty, squarish concrete pad (see the second picture in this post to see which pad I'm talking about).
The transformer and all Tesla cabinets were installed three weeks ago. The meter is not installed as of today. Talked to an Atlantic Electric tech guy yesterday and he said the final is held up at township pending on inspection.

Why would you expect the mayor to have any clue? S/He isn't involved. You've got to talk to the building department. And they'll likely just say, "We don't give out that information."
It’s a small town. Mayor most likely knew what’s going on. The fact mayor knew who is holding the ball is good bet the mayor is on top of this. I may stop by the supermarket and ask the management about the status.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Typical of most NJ townships and municipalities. Doesn’t surprise the amount of red tape that goes across local and state government offices.

Your tax dollars working hard. Don’t be surprised if it takes few weeks.
You are absolutely correct!
Called Middle town zoning office today. They are essentially “waiting” for electrical contractor’s inspection report??? Not sure who the contractor is. I didn’t want to ask him too many questions. It sure felt like retarded process.