Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Champaign, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the supercharger is not being considered in trip planning. It wanted me to backtrack to Lafayette to charge and then go to Springfield. Right now it has me passing Champaign to go to Normal and arriving with no battery, instead of stopping in Champaign to charge. Just a heads up for any of those planning a trip.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    418.4 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    378.9 KB · Views: 110
I've waited a year for this moment (some of you, much longer!)

Charging at 323 mi/hr :D

There are some weird parking blocks I haven't seen at other Midwest superchargers. Get your bumper over it to reach the cord.

Added to Plugshare.

This is the supercharger I was hoping for when I ordered a 70D instead of 85D. Open for business!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.5 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 118
I've waited a year for this moment (some of you, much longer!)

There are some weird parking blocks I haven't seen at other Midwest superchargers. Get your bumper over it to reach the cord.

I have seen those at other newer installations on my recent trip to Florida. I think they are a good idea seeing as I have seen pics of SC's that have clearly been 'backed' into. :-/

I'm bummed I'm out of town and wasn't there for opening day, but am glad to hear they are working now though. This location is going to be great for Tesla owners passing through.

Got the email too funnily enough right after we supercharged there. It is not in the trip planning today. It wanted me to go to normal then effingham. But I just put it as a direct destination since it was on the map. Another tesla was charging there as well

As someone who grew up in Effingham and went to school in Champaign, it excites me for no good reason to know that a Tesla is charging at both of those locations. And I drive one myself! :)

Give Papa Dels some time. Lots of angry customers right now as they try to figure out the new store, staff etc. Lots of misplaced orders and long weights before realizing the orders were lost etc.

I just got home and checked my MS map (after an update that was waiting) and see that the Champaign SC is listed on it now.

Got the email too funnily enough right after we supercharged there. It is not in the trip planning today. It wanted me to go to normal then effingham. But I just put it as a direct destination since it was on the map. Another tesla was charging there as well

Haha, I got it while sitting there. Fired them back a quick "thank you!" response. Sent you a message via Plugshare - hope it's been a great trip!

Thanks Steve. I'll pass it up on the way back up this week, and give it a go this summer.

Papa Del's makes a great Chicago deep dish, and also a great thin pizza. That's all I get get from there so I can't speak for other menu items. Just spoke with a buddy who ate there yesterday and his deep dish pizza arrived to him cold. Waiting a bit for them to get it right may be the best option.

Was able to sneak out and try out the Champaign SC! They did put these pretty far back. You must back over the stops in order to reach the car with the charger. It's a small price to pay though for finally having a SC here. Not that I will use it often, but I will when I shop at Meijer weekly. I know how critical it is for travelers though and am glad Tesla made it happen. Kudos!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 84
I used the SC on Sunday after dropping off my son. I was the only car there when I started charging but one other car came and went while I was plugged in. Having an SC there saved me having to route through Bloomington on my trip from West Chicago to Champaign. Well done Tesla!
20160327_134715.jpg

Reactions: Steve S
The St Louis and Chicago groups are meeting up this Sunday for lunch to celebrate the opening of this charger! Tell your friends!

Meeting at the Supercharger at 1pm, followed by lunch at Destihl Restaurant and Brew Works.

Champaign Supercharger opening - Saint Louis Tesla Enthusiasts
Champaign Supercharger opening - Tesla Chicago

I tried my best to reach out to owners in Indiana, but I didn't get any responses. :(

Sorry, going out of town Friday for a week. Wish it was a week later.