Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charleston, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The orientation of the charger stands is, in my experience, (which includes a cross country trip in my MS) unique for back in spots..

This appears to be a new implementation strategy by Tesla. The Little Rock, Arkansas location that went live a few weeks ago is configured the same. I charged there shortly after it went live.

This is Little Rock, not Charleston :)
001.jpg

A few days ago it showed the Tesla charger and that someone had charger there but did not show it as a fast charger. Then it went away entirely after a few days. Still does not show. Also does not show on the Tesla site or my car yet. Im not convinced it is turned on. Anyone else charge there?

I would not trust this Supercharger to be fully operational until it shows on the official Tesla nav map or telsa.com supercharger map. They could be running tests and they might take it offline for periods of time.
There have been other sites recently where people reported charging and then they were turned off followed by being turned on and published on the Tesla site.

Charleston WV supercharger!!

I may have the most travel impactful "supercharger opening" story yet.

Next week we are driving from Florida to visit my wife's family, about 70miles south of Charleston. We then drive back to Florida and then fly out a day later from Orlando to Detroit (4 tickets) to visit my family. I drive a 60 so the gap was to big north of her family. Spanning this would have taken me hundreds of miles out of the way. So we were going to drive 17 hours south to then pay for 4 plane tickets to fly 25 hours north the next day. I read this thread for the first time today

Many people talk about how the opening of a new supercharger will save then a couple of hours of charging or driving...

Wow, This supercharger opening just gained me 2 days of time with family, about a $1000 in plane tickets refunds, an extra visit to a family relative in Knoxville on the way home (not possible at 30k ft), and we get a car to use while we're in Michigan.

I hope Tesla knows how amazingly impactful these Superchargers are that are not just to handle high capacity areas, but actually gap holes in our freeway system.

Thanks Tesla!