Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlton, MA (I-90 eastbound service plaza)

Tdreamer

Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
And eastbound is officially done!
ACDFF10C-C4E5-4BBF-954D-3C6B1EBF60EB.jpeg
FD814D7A-82C3-4E0D-9A0D-8283F80848A3.jpeg

tes-s

Oct 6, 2013
CT
I think these will be very popular. Surprised they only put 8 on each side. I doubt I’ll ever go to Auburn again - I don’t think it will be crowded there anymore.

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1

bwbrs

Sep 9, 2020
NJ
Does anyone know if that little cut-through road off Sturbridge is open to public use to access this plaza? This station would make the trip to Treehouse so much easier from NJ to hit up before pulling in (and trying to get one of their always busy destination chargers). Seems crazy that Google Maps is saying that you have to drive another 20+ minutes to turn around in Auburn?? And same with the westbound route.

tes-s

Oct 6, 2013
CT
Does anyone know if that little cut-through road off Sturbridge is open to public use to access this plaza? This station would make the trip to Treehouse so much easier from NJ to hit up before pulling in (and trying to get one of their always busy destination chargers). Seems crazy that Google Maps is saying that you have to drive another 20+ minutes to turn around in Auburn?? And same with the westbound route.
It is not open to public use. Meridan and Manchester are good places to charge coming from NJ. Meriden if you like DD or BK; Manchester for Five Guys or Artisan Burger.

• Helpful
Reactions: bwbrs
Dec 4, 2019
Westminster, MA

In my experience, nearly all highway rest stops are connected to the local road system, to allow local staff, suppliers and emergency vehicles access. However, these are generally barred to 'civilian' use, since otherwise they'd act as an extra highway exit/entrance.

This is a particular problem on toll roads like the Pike, since you could (at least, until they switched to plate readers) have used it to avoid paying.

Also, see 'Shunpike'

Reactions: kayak1 and bwbrs

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC