Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I always hit the Cle SC after hours . . the silence at 2am is deafening . . so I snooze . . . to visions of fresh donuts at daybreak . . . this world is a perfect place. . . (zzzzzz).

[We'll leave it at that; can't scan the barrista-who-drives-tesla bit which is maybe just too extra-ordinary for poetry. Apologies for posting early edit & then loosing connection (aaargh). Bottom line: Always charge at the Cle!!] :D
--

• Funny
Reactions: Kuhz and Off Shore
FYI passed through a couple hours ago and a blackout has killed the chargers. Make sure there are stats before leaving. I skipped Ellensburg so it was a tight squeeze to make it to Issaquah.

Nice of you to share. Someone asked me a few weeks ago why I was worried about superchargers not being available on my trip to cannon beach. This is exactly why. Obviously not on the way to cannon beach and obviously ellensburg helps but this is still a big issue.

Is there a way to see real time status and f chargers? Do the car screens say none available right now?

When I left Ellensburg it showed all spaces open. When I called the emergency number they confirmed 2 were offline and that they had no details on the others. When I left I noticed there was no longer a capacity Guage at all. But also no "limited capacity" warning either. So maybe the customer service rep pinging each of the chargers updated the system.

Also note Ellensburg has 1/5 out of service (and was iced for extra good measure. I assume the hotel is directing people to park in the broken space.)

Apologies, I’ve been way too busy with work stuff recently,..

Interested to see how this is progressing. Original lease is still up: Established Cafe & Grocery in Prime Location!

Was/am still hopeful the Realtor @laceyblackman could negotiate something, though 140k for 2-3 year lease buyout is pretty short, so may be trying to get at least 5 year (that’s what I’d do).

In terms of suggestions for improvements:
0) friendly, educated, team
1] see if you can get a sponsored sign for new property on I-90 w and e, bonus for Tesla, though at least a prominent EV Fast charger sign would help. Once you’re on the feeder a larger sign would be helpful.
2) I’d chat to Tesla supercharging team and see if they can get you discounted merchandising rate. If they can’t you might be able to get via official PacNW Tesla owners club, hit up @brianman.
3) host a Tesla/EV rally and bbq cookout. Many on here would likely help, self-included if I’m around. Nothing like a convoy of Teslas yo peak some attention, and get the local papers engaged
4) I’d avoid “Tesla” discount. A) it’s not needed and B) it may well cause offense to local, regular, clientele.
5] +1 on keeping bucket with windshield squeegee. Buy a few, and avoid Tesla logo on them to minimize loss.
6) WiFi. Free WiFi, with nice advert on cover-page/terms of use acceptance. Limit to 60 mins to avoid idlers. Ubiquity has good, reliable, hardware and very flexible configurations with remote management, guest keys**, etc, at very good pricing.
7) restrooms, after hours may be tricky though
8) range of grab’n’go healthy foods and gluten free options (selfishly ;-))

**might want guests to come to get free vouchers in order to come into store to encourage purchase, and be open to all outside of store hours

Apologies, I’ve been way too busy with work stuff recently,..
3) host a Tesla/EV rally and bbq cookout. Many on here would likely help, self-included if I’m around. Nothing like a convoy of Teslas yo peak some attention, and get the local papers engaged

Yesssssss! Awesome idea! I have been dreaming of a PNW Tesla Road Trippers + Renewable Enthusiasts group and would gladly help planning some sort of destination BBQ and rally. Cle Elum area is especially beautiful and not far from Seattle but I'd also love to find more folks who want to visit hydro plants and solar/wind farms. Baker Lake and Lower Snake River are both at the top of my list:
PSE | Tours and Recreation

Also MikeBur that looks like Wild Horse in your AVI :p Where is it?

Yesssssss! Awesome idea! I have been dreaming of a PNW Tesla Road Trippers + Renewable Enthusiasts group and would gladly help planning some sort of destination BBQ and rally. Cle Elum area is especially beautiful and not far from Seattle but I'd also love to find more folks who want to visit hydro plants and solar/wind farms. Baker Lake and Lower Snake River are both at the top of my list:
PSE | Tours and Recreation

Also MikeBur that looks like Wild Horse in your AVI :p Where is it?
Rocky Reach Dam near Wenatchee has a great museum,visitor center, picnic area, and an L2 Charger. Almost as good as Wild Horse Wind Center! I am surprised the power dams are not more gung-ho about promoting EVs with a few L2 chargers. Newhalen on the Skagit also has a free L2 Charger and a neat view of the Newhalem turbine room.

I stopped by the Cle Elum SC last week for a top up, after getting a quick splash of coffee and 10 min charge at the Ellensburg SC. It’s great to hear that we may get a Tesla-friendly owner of the nearby coffee shop. However, that won’t alleviate potential problems with the other nearby business. I’m not really sure how much business goes in there, but their customers have an obstacle course prior to entering. For Tesla drivers, those last spots may require some additional parking skills as well. Here’s a picture of explanation:
View attachment 432911

Same Tenant that is moving out she was renting both spaces. Property Owner and everyone else wants her gone. Her last day on the Property is August 28th... I may make a special trip over to wish her good-bye... haha...

I hope @laceyblackman either purchased the business or worked out an alternate deal with the property owner.

• Love
Reactions: laceyblackman
Same Tenant that is moving out she was renting both spaces. Property Owner and everyone else wants her gone. Her last day on the Property is August 28th... I may make a special trip over to wish her good-bye... haha...

I hope @laceyblackman either purchased the business or worked out an alternate deal with the property owner.
I believe that stuff disappears with the previous lease. I could be wrong, but that is my impression

Notice at Gunnar’s.

Attachments

• 5816D5FC-1B9B-4C1D-B880-F77D424FD1B1.jpeg
    5816D5FC-1B9B-4C1D-B880-F77D424FD1B1.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 93