Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA (LIVE Dec 2018, 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scooped! Nice work @nickspiker!

Here’s another picture. We just stopped to check it out too.

Also noticed this non-Tesla connector to the left. Didn’t look closely as we’re in a hurry.

I didn’t see a transformer either but didn’t go poking around back by the supercharger cabinets. It might be behind them.

View attachment 354337
That last picture is the GreenLots J1772-DCQC combo. The black EVSE mounted to the metal unstructured is the J1772 and the DCQC will be on the right. This is one of the nine sites as part of WSDOT- EVITA, partially funded by our $150 EV registration. The other sites are Ellensburg, Yakima, Kennewick, Pasco, Connell (next week), Richland (soon?), and probably last Prosser and George. They look like:
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

That’s confirmation that Tesla and GreenLots have co-located the two sites. Expect a small solar array as well. This also confirms that the problems they found at Pioneer Coffee were insurmountable. It probably slowed the installation a month or so, but at least this will be finished by Christmas. This means that Ellensburg businesses will no longer be getting my tourist dollars.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Scooped! Nice work @nickspiker!

Here’s another picture. We just stopped to check it out too.

Also noticed this non-Tesla connector to the left. Didn’t look closely as we’re in a hurry.

I didn’t see a transformer either but didn’t go poking around back by the supercharger cabinets. It might be behind them.

View attachment 354336 View attachment 354337

Comparing these two photos: The second picture looks like a 3rd grade science fair project compared to the Supercharger installation. And it wouldn't even take 1st place in the Science Fair... :p

Anybody charging their $35k Bolt there, and watching a $35k Tesla Model 3 charge in half the time at the Supercharger will have a nice long wait, perhaps even long enough for the light to come on. ;)

RT

Lol I like how this went from “I doubt this is a supercharger” to almost done in like 3 days. How did this go unnoticed?
It went up super fast. I scouted this exact location on October 20th and didn't see anything. Can't remember if there was a backhoe or any other equipment in the lot, but definitely nothing fenced off or anything else that looked like supercharger construction.

At least I feel a little bit vindicated for posting the permit info on Monday- then being told, no way it's a Tesla Supercharger. I certainly wasn't sure it was, but it's nice to see that it is indeed a supercharger and that it's nearly finished. Hopefully, for those that will use it to travel back and forth in Washington, that it will be on line soon. I know we just missed being able to use Leavenworth this summer, and it went up in just a few weeks.

Reactions: Rocky_H
At least I feel a little bit vindicated for posting the permit info on Monday- then being told, no way it's a Tesla Supercharger. I certainly wasn't sure it was, but it's nice to see that it is indeed a supercharger and that it's nearly finished. Hopefully, for those that will use it to travel back and forth in Washington, that it will be on line soon. I know we just missed being able to use Leavenworth this summer, and it went up in just a few weeks.
I'm always wrong. It's my superpower. I just took a long time to learn how to use it.:eek:

Lol I like how this went from “I doubt this is a supercharger” to almost done in like 3 days. How did this go unnoticed?
Several of us had been scouting this location since August when I heard a rumor about it going in at Pioneer Coffee, even though Cle Elum wasn’t on the Tesla map. Construction went very fast and the location is back away from the highway exit.

Reactions: mociaf9
This is a great location (Cle Elum) for a new supercharger. It makes the Seattle to Lake Chelan drive much easier, without the out-or-the-way detour to the Leavenworth Supercharger. Normally no need to charge during this trip, but with winter weather everything changes.

I just drove by. All posts, signs and paving are complete. No fence around the chargers or painting yet and the transformer spot is definitely empty.

FYI, Christine, one of the business owners is definitely not happy. Apparently the landowner did the deal without consulting her and she’s losing business and having to tear out her greenhouse. She’s not particularly impressed with EVs and the west side. She was a bit nicer when I said I was going back home in EASTERN Washington. I definitely had my ear talked off.

I just drove by. All posts, signs and paving are complete. No fence around the chargers or painting yet and the transformer spot is definitely empty.

FYI, Christine, one of the business owners is definitely not happy. Apparently the landowner did the deal without consulting her and she’s losing business and having to tear out her greenhouse. She’s not particularly impressed with EVs and the west side. She was a bit nicer when I said I was going back home in EASTERN Washington. I definitely had my ear talked off.
Which business does she own?

She might be wise to change her tune if she wants to get any business from Tesla owners.

Reactions: hpartsch
Cle Elum was the first place I ran out of juice in a Tesla, in 2013. There was a charger within a 100ft behind a fence that was advertised as online and available.

Hopefully I can try to replace this memory with happy ones at the Tesla supercharger.
I've never run out of juice in my 130k miles of driving Teslas, but Cle Elum was the first place I ever ran out of gas! I obviously pushed it a little hard and then the first exit I got off at had a gas station that was closed for construction or something. So I pushed on to Cle Elum and came up about a mile short. Close enough to walk at least :)

She might be wise to change her tune if she wants to get any business from Tesla owners.

From what I can tell based upon reviews, I think the lady owns the bistro that is there- If she is smart she'll change her toon, Lots of people will be using the supercharger and will be willing to buy food at her place. Sad if she doesn't get it.

Huh? Most business owners would be thrilled. Talk about missing an opportunity, her place is about the only thing there and the potential is huge. Pretty much EVERY passing Tesla will stop there. The chargers are not going anywhere, might as well capitalize on it and put any preexisting or past presumptions away. Someone please talk some sense into her before this word spreads.....

she said she owns the nursery and the coffee shop. It’s the nursery that’s losing business because the 10 days of construction work is “blocking” access. I didn’t bother to tell her it’s lucky that it’s not 6 months, like a few other sites. Truthfully, I barely got out of there after 15 min, with only a few words. I did find out that the solar installation is on the coffee shop roof, although I couldn’t see it. Also, be advised that there was ONE bathroom stall, marked for customers only. I’m not really sure what’s going on, but my guess is that the landlord saw dollar signs from new businesses coming in and is hoping to jack up rents. There’s some construction just west of the SC, so we’ll likely see new businesses by next year.

she said she owns the nursery and the coffee shop. It’s the nursery that’s losing business because the 10 days of construction work is “blocking” access. I didn’t bother to tell her it’s lucky that it’s not 6 months, like a few other sites. Truthfully, I barely got out of there after 15 min, with only a few words. I did find out that the solar installation is on the coffee shop roof, although I couldn’t see it. Also, be advised that there was ONE bathroom stall, marked for customers only. I’m not really sure what’s going on, but my guess is that the landlord saw dollar signs from new businesses coming in and is hoping to jack up rents. There’s some construction just west of the SC, so we’ll likely see new businesses by next year.
I don't live in Washington in the winter, but can somebody explain why a nursery owner in Cle Elum would expect much business in late November? Sorry to get OT.

Reactions: goneskiian