Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Cle Elum, WA - W. Davis St. (LIVE 25 Aug 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
stopped in for a look this morning. Still fenced in but paving and lane markings in. Must be close!

Attachments

• B23A0E12-9DF8-4CBF-8522-0CF4368776EE.jpeg
    B23A0E12-9DF8-4CBF-8522-0CF4368776EE.jpeg
    864 KB · Views: 108
stopped in for a look this morning. Still fenced in but paving and lane markings in. Must be close!
I can't wait for it to be finished - then they can go over a fix the other Cle Elum SC location.
On the way "out", I charged at 4A - no problem.
On the way "back", I tried to charge at 3A - would not work. No issues letting me know that it would charge (orange light or anything), it just stayed at the notification that it would be charging. Never did. Re-seated the charger, but that did not help either.
Moved car to 1A. Everything seemed fine. Walked over to get a drink. 20 mins later, I noticed an error message on the phone app. Went back out to the car and unhooked the charger, then re-seated it. It started up again. Then 10 mins later, the same issue. So I sat in the car on the next go-around. Sure enough - same routine.

By then, my 15 total mins of charge was enough to get me home, so I left.

DOes anyone know if TSLA "watches" and collects metrics on the SCs? I have been lucky I guess, and have had only one other issue at a SC, and that was in Vancouver WA, by the Fred Meyer a few years back.

I can't wait for it to be finished - then they can go over a fix the other Cle Elum SC location.
On the way "out", I charged at 4A - no problem.
On the way "back", I tried to charge at 3A - would not work. No issues letting me know that it would charge (orange light or anything), it just stayed at the notification that it would be charging. Never did. Re-seated the charger, but that did not help either.
Moved car to 1A. Everything seemed fine. Walked over to get a drink. 20 mins later, I noticed an error message on the phone app. Went back out to the car and unhooked the charger, then re-seated it. It started up again. Then 10 mins later, the same issue. So I sat in the car on the next go-around. Sure enough - same routine.

By then, my 15 total mins of charge was enough to get me home, so I left.

DOes anyone know if TSLA "watches" and collects metrics on the SCs? I have been lucky I guess, and have had only one other issue at a SC, and that was in Vancouver WA, by the Fred Meyer a few years back.

Yes - Tesla monitors for failed charging sessions. If you had problems on multiple units, you might be having an issue with your car. Double-check at a different location to make sure.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrbrock
Yes - Tesla monitors for failed charging sessions. If you had problems on multiple units, you might be having an issue with your car. Double-check at a different location to make sure.
Charged okay at the same SC and another SC (Entiat) on the way out 6 days earlier.
Charged okay everyday on a 120V 12amp outlet.
Charged okay at my buddy's house (240V 40amp), and in my garage (240V 32amp) on the way back, and every day since.
Like you state, I will have to try another SC to be sure.

Charged okay at the same SC and another SC (Entiat) on the way out 6 days earlier.
Charged okay at my buddy's house (240V 40amp), and in my garage (240V 32amp) on the way back, and every day since.
Could be the site itself was having power issues. Happens. Tesla would be notified by their systems but if it’s from the utility, there is nothing they can do to “fix” it.

If you post your recent experience in that thread, others who have recently visited may have had a similar experience and can confirm there were issues with the site.

I charged at the Tukwila (SouthCenter Mall, south of Seattle) at lunch today - no issues, which is good for me! So the original Cle Elum charger has something going on - at least it did on Saturday, 8/12/23.

PXL_20230826_005143021.MP.jpg
Swung by the new charger today, grateful for the new location, I regularly charge in Cle Elum. There were 2 Teslas with Gravity Coffee decals on them, good to see the Gravity Coffee owners or employees are Tesla drivers, although neither were plugged in. Hope they don't intend on using these as parking spaces blocking the chargers for people that need them.

View attachment 968272Swung by the new charger today, grateful for the new location, I regularly charge in Cle Elum. There were 2 Teslas with Gravity Coffee decals on them, good to see the Gravity Coffee owners or employees are Tesla drivers, although neither were plugged in. Hope they don't intend on using these as parking spaces blocking the chargers for people that need them.
I noticed that too. They were very excited about the new supercharger and taking pictures when I was there. I highly doubt they will continue to park their cars there.

The coffee shop is open until 8pm every day and opens at 4:30am on weekdays and 5:30 on weekends. So that's about as many opening hours as you could hope for from a coffee shop in Cle Elum. It is a nice place to hang out with plenty of tables, comfy chairs/couches, and even a couple fireplaces. The wifi was needlessly complicated requiring two passwords (which were not clearly posted anywhere).

There isn't much in the way of food and what they do have is not out on display like it often would be at other coffee shops. They offer milkshakes, blended energy drinks, and the typical kind of frappy coffee drinks that you usually see in small town coffee shops. I can't offer an opinion on the coffee since I got one of the milkshakes, which was decent.

I noticed that too. They were very excited about the new supercharger and taking pictures when I was there. I highly doubt they will continue to park their cars there.

The coffee shop is open until 8pm every day and opens at 4:30am on weekdays and 5:30 on weekends. So that's about as many opening hours as you could hope for from a coffee shop in Cle Elum. It is a nice place to hang out with plenty of tables, comfy chairs/couches, and even a couple fireplaces. The wifi was needlessly complicated requiring two passwords (which were not clearly posted anywhere).

There isn't much in the way of food and what they do have is not out on display like it often would be at other coffee shops. They offer milkshakes, blended energy drinks, and the typical kind of frappy coffee drinks that you usually see in small town coffee shops. I can't offer an opinion on the coffee since I got one of the milkshakes, which was decent.
I had a sausage egg croissant which was ok. The hazelnut oat milk latte was great tho. Hours are amazing.

And most importantly now that the other charger's coffee shop no longer offers bathroom access and is no longer owned by Lacey, we can abandon the eastern charger without feeling guilty or like we're being disloyal. 😛
The coffee shop near the old charger has officially reopened their Tesla Lounge, they did it last week right after this new charger opened. They claim the timing is coincidental and they were always planning to reopen the lounge (although that directly contradicts previous communications they've had with Tesla owners). I assume they anticipated a big hit to their business, maybe they already noticed something after a week or so of the new charger and were forced to react.