Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Deep River, ON

Do you think Deep River’s Canadian Tire is installing a Supercharger?

• Yes

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • No, nothing to do with charging

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No, installing another type of charger

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meh.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ICEd in Deep River :)

Photo of the Supercharger construction site there today. No sign of any electrical work. From a road trip I took from Ottawa to Kirkland Lake in my Subaru. Would have preferred to take my M3 LR RWD but waiting for the update so I can use the Chademo adapter I just got.

LoRes19r43f045.jpg

ICEd in Deep River :)

Photo of the Supercharger construction site there today. No sign of any electrical work. From a road trip I took from Ottawa to Kirkland Lake in my Subaru. Would have preferred to take my M3 LR RWD but waiting for the update so I can use the Chademo adapter I just got.

View attachment 433336
Dude, somebody took your money. That ain't no Subaru.

With the exception of Las Vegas, it seems as though every thread for an “Under Construction” site has pictures of completed concrete and conduit but no electrical work. They must be running short on charger pedistals.

Yep. There was a pedestal shortage earlier this month. It seems to be clearing up now and sites that were waiting are getting completed.

I guess the other question - the Moose Jaw post mentioned a large transformer nearby installed from the Hydro company. Does this or the other sites have that equipment yet? The Tesla equipment may be being postponed until Hydro can deliver it's part.

This should now confirm that this will be a Tesla Supercharger (Sept 16)

Hey Deep River is starting to "catch up" with North Bay based on the most recent pictures of each site. Did you notice if the main transformer was on site, if there it would have been to the right of your photo? These are often late and delay supercharger openings well after Tesla has done their part of the build.

... Did you notice if the main transformer was on site, ... These are often late and delay supercharger openings...

Nah, there's several sites in SK with all the Tesla boxes in place, several others where the transformer is already there but no Tesla equipment, but still no pedestals. (They just aren't private utilities). So I suspect slow utilities is not a problem yet... Unless Tesla is planning a one-time blitz when all the pieces are ready, meaning then the transformers in Ontario would be an issue.