Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, NS

As per the title

• HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Somewhere in Canada

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be on the east coast in August. There's a chance I could make it on a date sometime between Aug 2-9! I fully expect this to be a 5000km road trip by the time I'm back in Toronto...
I don’t think we’re gonna get Enfield Online NS that soon. I spoke with a guy that supplies some materials to the Aulac and Enfield sites, and while it’s looking really likely Aulac will be finished construction around the end on this month, that’s waaaaay too short of a timeframe to do more than start on the Enfield site.
I’m honestly looking to towards Sept-ish for Enfield to be ready for us to do this.

I'm stoked: I've lived in 5 provinces, visited 9 (and all 48 of the mainland US states), but never set foot on the rock. I do love a road trip and I'm extra excited to hit NFLD in the Tesla.
That should be quite the adventure in a Tesla!

I really enjoyed seeing some icebergs near Twillingate (there are tour boats). I was there in mid-June but I think they should still be flowing this time of year since the winter was rather long and cold. Regretted not going to l'Anse-aux-Meadows but I was running rather short on time. I did make it all the way to the easternmost point in North America (not counting Greenland), which was pretty cool. At that point I was <2k miles from Ireland and >3k miles from home as the crow flies. It was a long drive lol.

That should be quite the adventure in a Tesla!

I really enjoyed seeing some icebergs near Twillingate (there are tour boats). I was there in mid-June but I think they should still be flowing this time of year since the winter was rather long and cold. Regretted not going to l'Anse-aux-Meadows but I was running rather short on time. I did make it all the way to the easternmost point in North America (not counting Greenland), which was pretty cool. At that point I was <2k miles from Ireland and >3k miles from home as the crow flies. It was a long drive lol.

Awesome! I'm definitely going to l-aux-m. Will look for icebergs. We are taking about 10 days so no one day will be a long drive, which will make the trip entirely workable in a Tesla. (The short drives are more for the sanity of the 7 year old in the car and so we can see as much of the island as possible; only secondarily because of charging infrastructure issues.)

Awesome! I'm definitely going to l-aux-m. Will look for icebergs. We are taking about 10 days so no one day will be a long drive, which will make the trip entirely workable in a Tesla. (The short drives are more for the sanity of the 7 year old in the car and so we can see as much of the island as possible; only secondarily because of charging infrastructure issues.)
I should have clarified that the trip I took was in mid-June of 2009 in an ICE! So I have no idea how you'll pull it off in a Tesla but I'm sure you'll be able to manage as long as you aren't in a hurry.

You could also try driving to France by taking the ferry from Fortune to St. Pierre and Miquelon. Would be a real feather in your EV cap!

Reactions: MarcoRP
I should have clarified that the trip I took was in mid-June of 2009 in an ICE! So I have no idea how you'll pull it off in a Tesla but I'm sure you'll be able to manage as long as you aren't in a hurry.

You could also try driving to France by taking the ferry from Fortune to St. Pierre and Miquelon. Would be a real feather in your EV cap!

The trip should be easily doable in the Tesla because we're not going more than a few hundred km any given day. There are tons of campgrounds around, and I just ordered adapters for the 30 amp campground service that is common at older campgrounds, plus adapters for new and old style home dryer plugs, just in case. I also have a 50' 12 gauge extension cord that works just fine with a house 120v plug in a pinch. Along with the J1772 and NEMA 14-50 adapters that come standard with the car, I would be stunned if we can't get at least 100km of charge each day, and more likely it will be hundreds of KM of charge (as long as we can find something better than an outdoor 120v outlet).

Interesting idea about heading to St. P. I will bounce it off the GF.

"I took my Tesla to France" might be a fun thing to say indeed.

Damn it! I just checked and it looks like there is no automobile carrying ferry to St. P & M.