Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, NS

As per the title

• HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Somewhere in Canada

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, I don’t think we’ll see them until next year at the absolute earliest. IMHO, it’s a better idea to focus on rolling out the network. Upgrades can happen later.
Yes on the first part, even V2 is pretty good. Especially in regions where you're unlikely to see full stall usage often, if ever.

But at this point it seems unlikely that any functioning V2 gear will be upgraded to V3. Not for many years. So if a site is installed V2 it'll remain V2 indefinitely, until the gear wears out, fundamentally breaks, or is expanded to include V3 stalls.

Yes on the first part, even V2 is pretty good. Especially in regions where you're unlikely to see full stall usage often, if ever.

But at this point it seems unlikely that any functioning V2 gear will be upgraded to V3. Not for many years. So if a site is installed V2 it'll remain V2 indefinitely, until the gear wears out, fundamentally breaks, or is expanded to include V3 stalls.
The v2 gear likely can’t be upgraded, but the sites conduits can have their wiring upgraded to include the high capacity lines easier than a new site can be built. I imagine the transformer cabinets will need to be swapped, however I doubt they’ll need to build any more concrete pads to support them.

In short, once a site is built it can be upgraded to include V3 easier than it’d be to build a whole new sc site.

• Informative
Reactions: JPM66 and Jerk
I was able to access the link. Nick Provost on fB
A6C35A96-ED60-457E-9830-F2F343AF73B6.jpeg

Where do you folks think the next Supercharger Station will be for N.S.?
Yarmouth or Canso Causeway or perhaps Sydney On C.B. Island??

I'd vote for Digby (connects both Digby - St. John and Yarmouth - Bar Harbor ferries to Hfx and points east), and somewhere around Monastary / Port Hastings in the east. Going too close to the end of a peninsula makes the site less useful, so back away from the end by half a battery range or so.

Truro would make a ton of sense _instead_ of Enfield (100km or so from Aulac), but _in additional_ to Enfield, less so. (IMO)
Frankly, Enfield is a bit of an odd choice. There are big highway junctures within 40km either north or south. I'd say a Truro - Bedford Common pair would be a bit tight but much more useful, or Truro - New Minas.
I suspect this is all we get for a while. Hope I'm wrong!

Reactions: Vawlkus
Has anyone been out to visit the site lately? Would be curious for a photo update. I’ve been following Tesla for years, but live in an apartment so home charging has been a no-go option. Owners of the building have no interest in providing EV charging despite my best efforts. Once I saw construction started in Enfield I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a model 3!

Has anyone been out to visit the site lately? Would be curious for a photo update. I’ve been following Tesla for years, but live in an apartment so home charging has been a no-go option. Owners of the building have no interest in providing EV charging despite my best efforts. Once I saw construction started in Enfield I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a model 3!
If i were you, I won't rely on the supercharger for all your charging needs. Not recommended for the battery.

If i were you, I won't rely on the supercharger for all your charging needs. Not recommended for the battery.
It will probably degrade a little faster and his charging speed will slow a little, but it's hardly a big deal. I'm guessing he'll get tired of hanging out at that supercharger though!

Bobby, you should see if you can fine a normal 110V outlet that you can park near. I live in a similarly EV-unfriendly apartment building in Seattle and this is what I do. Topping off for 60-100km every night makes a huge difference! Even if you drive quite a bit more than that each day, just reducing your supercharger stops from twice a week to once a week is a huge time saver. And if you drive less than that, you're all set.