Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Enfield, NS

As per the title

• HWY 2 location just off the 102 (Irving Big Stop)

Votes: 21 72.4%
  • Bell Blvd location at the airport (simply Irving)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in Nova Scotia

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Somewhere in Canada

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photo from PlugShare
25775E01-3042-4D77-9258-36ECED14E699.jpeg

Saw an update on FB. This one is all done except for the power hookup from NS Power, and the authenticate from Tesla.
There's still a few odds and ends things that visibly need to get done, too. Installing the lamp posts, the parking signs, and the wheel stops (if these are going to be used). And potentially refreshing the paint on the relevant parking lot lines. They may need to pass another inspection or two, as well. But, as you pointed out, all the major work looks finished (assuming the wiring on the Tesla side of the switchgear is complete) and the remaining items can be finished pretty quickly.

There's still a few odds and ends things that visibly need to get done, too. Installing the lamp posts, the parking signs, and the wheel stops (if these are going to be used). And potentially refreshing the paint on the relevant parking lot lines. They may need to pass another inspection or two, as well. But, as you pointed out, all the major work looks finished (assuming the wiring on the Tesla side of the switchgear is complete) and the remaining items can be finished pretty quickly.
Any idea if it will be open by mid July?

What are the best options for visitors in and around Halifax until it opens? Scotia Square and a few others show up on plugshare and look pretty good, but it's hard to tell what the best bet is. Recommendations?
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last year, which has 2 Tesla destination chargers. That worked out well.

Holiday Inn Express Halifax - Bedford | Tesla

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last year, which has 2 Tesla destination chargers. That worked out well.

Holiday Inn Express Halifax - Bedford | Tesla
Unfortunately, we will be attending an event and staying at CFB Stadacona, so the Holiday Inn isn't an option. We did consider staying an extra day at the Holiday inn Express, but I think we'll be able to make it back to Aulac if I can find one opportunity to charge for a few hours.

Unfortunately, we will be attending an event and staying at CFB Stadacona, so the Holiday Inn isn't an option. We did consider staying an extra day at the Holiday inn Express, but I think we'll be able to make it back to Aulac if I can find one opportunity to charge for a few hours.
Ah, OK, then a local will have to advise you. I didn't try any of the other Halifax chargers since there was no need. If you are driving a S/X and have a CHAeMO adapter, NS now has lots of CHAdeMO locations which make traveling fairly easy.

Reactions: ArcticStation
The fleet club at Stad has 4 chargers in the visitor parking area. They’re usually turned off, but there’s a toggle switch on the side to turn them back on. You might need to power cycle them a couple of time before they’ll give a green connection, but they do work. For Tesla’s, they’re going to give you a grounding fault, and be limited to 22 amps at 208 v, but they’ve removed the time limits on those parking spots if you’re there to charge (I’ve tested leaving my X there all day without issue).
Other chargers I’ve used in downtown include the following:
1) the Eaton charger at Dalhousie DalTech campus. It’s the only 80amp level 2 charger in the area. Free to use, however it’s only available to the public after class hours (basically after 5pm). It’s accessible via the campus on Barrington, or there’s an access via the Halifax Public Library on Spring Garden road. There are also chargers in the Library’s parking structure, however it’s paid parking there.
2) there’s the Chademo/ccs Flo Charger at the Superstore on Barrington near the train station. Pay to use, of course.
3) two bullfrog chargers in the Scotia Square parking structure (check PlugShare for their level).

There are others scattered around, but those are my gotos when I need a charge. PlugShare is pretty up to date locally, and I highly recommend consulting it if you need to find power.

The fleet club at Stad has 4 chargers in the visitor parking area. They’re usually turned off, but there’s a toggle switch on the side to turn them back on. You might need to power cycle them a couple of time before they’ll give a green connection, but they do work. For Tesla’s, they’re going to give you a grounding fault, and be limited to 22 amps at 208 v, but they’ve removed the time limits on those parking spots if you’re there to charge (I’ve tested leaving my X there all day without issue).
Other chargers I’ve used in downtown include the following:
1) the Eaton charger at Dalhousie DalTech campus. It’s the only 80amp level 2 charger in the area. Free to use, however it’s only available to the public after class hours (basically after 5pm). It’s accessible via the campus on Barrington, or there’s an access via the Halifax Public Library on Spring Garden road. There are also chargers in the Library’s parking structure, however it’s paid parking there.
2) there’s the Chademo/ccs Flo Charger at the Superstore on Barrington near the train station. Pay to use, of course.
3) two bullfrog chargers in the Scotia Square parking structure (check PlugShare for their level).

There are others scattered around, but those are my gotos when I need a charge. PlugShare is pretty up to date locally, and I highly recommend consulting it if you need to find power.
Thanks so much for the great info! I was not aware that on base chargers were available. Problem solved!

As it happens I drove past this location last week while I was house hunting in the area, and it appears as though construction is finished. Granted I was wizzing past on the highway, but couldn't see any fencing or other construction artifacts. So I'm assuming this SC will be open by the time I drive down mid-august

That transformer pad @ least looks pretty,they should do some landscaping @ the Irving gas pumps.
I’ll put my Tin Foil Hat on & blame Irving for the new NB SC’s having transformers ready with no pedestals & NS SC having pedestals with transformer,lol.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
That transformer pad @ least looks pretty,they should do some landscaping @ the Irving gas pumps.
I’ll put my Tin Foil Hat on & blame Irving for the new NB SC’s having transformers ready with no pedestals & NS SC having pedestals with transformer,lol.
Haha - actually, the crew in Quispam told me that Tesla made Enfield the priority for stalls. Good old NB Power making NS look pretty bad!