Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Federal Way, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20201122_153950~2.jpg

I’m glad to see another Supercharger between Seattle and Tacoma. There’s definitely opportunities for at least a couple more. It would be great to have one somewhere up in the Burien area too, but I’m sure that will only come once the I-5 corridor is built out to cover vehicle capacity in the area.

^^^These pics are from Friday night.

There are 12 supercharger stalls (7 against one curb and 5 against the other) and 2 unfinished Clipper Creek stalls (near the pile of parking bumpers). I counted the parking bumpers and there are 14 of them so this adds up. As you can see one cabinet is up on the pad while two are just sitting in the parking lot. Unfortunately, it looks like those two were damaged somehow. Hopefully they are still functional and we won't have to wait for new ones. And of course we are also waiting for a transformer.

The good news here is there is a lot of different food options within walking distance. The bad news is I've been here twice so far (both times at night) and there are always lots of tweakers, car sleepers, homeless, etc. coming in and out of this parking lot. It's weird. I can't quite tell where they are coming from or where they are going or why this would be a good place to pull in and sleep. From the looks of it, some of these people are living in their cars (not that I am one to judge as I do the same from time to time!).

As you can see one cabinet is up on the pad while two are just sitting in the parking lot. Unfortunately, it looks like those two were damaged somehow. Hopefully they are still functional and we won't have to wait for new ones.

Bad news: they are damaged and we do have to wait for new ones.
Good news: the replacements are here!

cP8GxtD.jpg

I assume it was this truck that brought them. I must have gotten there right after they were unloaded.

LcrzJkw.jpg

Pics from maybe an hour ago.

Eager to see this one come online as this will be the closest one to me. I live in a condo complex so I don't have at home charging but that's not gonna stop me from getting my mY in the next couple of months. FedWay is a mixed bag FWIW. I think it will be a good place to charge up grab a quick bite and go. At night it seems much worse so something to think about.

Reactions: Polly Wog