Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

supercharger Fleet service station

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was there yesterday and they are still wrapped up. It looks like all the work has finished so the delay must be behind the scenes. Very frustrating, they'll probably go live just as the schools go back!

Still no sign of life for the Supercharges on the southbound Fleet Services in Hampshire ☹️

F287CDD2-A31D-4DCC-844A-9EC6BA2ED305.jpeg

I spoke to someone "in the know" and apparently the Fleet southbound chargers are to be completely withdrawn and redeployed elsewhere. All to do with a power cable needing to cross some land and some greedy landowner demanding a Kings ransom. Sounds about right, sadly.
I sincerely hope this isn't true. I commute regularly from Penzance to Farnborough and Fleet South would be so useful.

Has anyone who lives in the constituency tried to get the local MP involved? I did try, but as I'm not a constituent he wasn't interested.

I sincerely hope this isn't true. I commute regularly from Penzance to Farnborough and Fleet South would be so useful.

Has anyone who lives in the constituency tried to get the local MP involved? I did try, but as I'm not a constituent he wasn't interested.
I live in fleet (Elvetham heath?) and I’m interested in getting a M3 soon, so if you have anyone I can contact I’m happy to try to help - only just moves so not sure who to contact

Reactions: MrBadger
I live in fleet (Elvetham heath?) and I’m interested in getting a M3 soon, so if you have anyone I can contact I’m happy to try to help - only just moves so not sure who to contact
The local MP is Ranil Jayawardena. Welcome to my website
Given that he wrote a recent opinion piece on his website (Ranil Jayawardena MP—Opinion Piece June 2019) about protecting the environment, then you'd think he would have an interest In promoting the uptake of EV's.

Reactions: Roy W.
It’s worth remembering that delays like this are rarely in Tesla’s control.
There have been several locations in the US that have outwardly looked the same (still in plastic wrap), but have suffered so much from ridiculous permitting and paperwork.
If it were me in charge, I’d post the reason so it put pressure on local government. If they had a notification saying “pending approval from local council” could you imagine the presser the public would push on the council. It would get stuff done.