Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Florence, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I went by last week on Dec 20, there were at least 8 of the stalled ICE'd :-( They really shouldn't have put the chargers so close to the mall. They should have been further away in less-desirable parking spots. I suspect this is going to be a problem at this site for some time to come.

Has anyone reported ICEing the Florence superchargers to Tesla or mall security? If so, any success or feedback?

Driving by, I still see the spots ICEd quite often. I'd take action myself, but as I'm not a Tesla owner just yet, my arguments wouldn't be very convincing. However, I'm concerned about future planned usage.

Has anyone reported ICEing the Florence superchargers to Tesla or mall security? If so, any success or feedback?

Driving by, I still see the spots ICEd quite often. I'd take action myself, but as I'm not a Tesla owner just yet, my arguments wouldn't be very convincing. However, I'm concerned about future planned usage.
Half of the spots are not EV charging only.

Reactions: Kacey Green
Half of the spots are not EV charging only.

People seem to ignore the ev only signs . I was there 2 weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon . When I got there, there were 6 or 7 spots open . When I left , there were only 3 spots not iced including the spot I was leaving. As mentioned before by others , they put the chargers in prime parking next to the food court

I also wasn’t a fan of this location . It was safe, but there were definitely issues . I stayed with the car because I had a expensive bike on the rack . My wife said the mall was filthy and run down . We skipped it in on the way home and chose to sit in a hotel parking lot in Columbia instead

Stopped there today, and lunch at Chipotle was excellent — a rice bowl with chorizo and lots of fresh ingredients. The mall construction has been finished, and we had a nice raid on Barnes & Nobles for car reading. Also, had good stops at Santee and Savannah airport.

So it looks like someone repainted the parking lot lines within the past week.
Sort of.
Not sure what they were trying to accomplish. Or whether they think they're finished.
Also not sure how they figure someone will park between the lines at the last supercharger in the lineup.
It's not like they're painting the whole parking lot either, just the supercharger stalls.
Aren't pretty much all supercharger stalls "perpendicular"?
This is an improvement... how?
20190628_141830.jpg
20190628_141850.jpg

Yeah, I stopped by there a few weeks ago to charge while this paint job was going on. The nice gentleman who was doing the work had blocked off all but a few spots with construction zone tape, one was occupied with a car charging and the one next to it that I squeezed into to charge. He asked me how long I would be and I indicated only 10-15 minutes which seemed to satisfy him. I asked him what the purpose of the new paint job was and he said he had no idea, just that the mall owners told him to do it right away so he was doing it.

I charge here several times a month and there are always some spots ICEd and some open. I have had several people ask me about the car and how charging works. The mall is dated and not the cleanest, but bathrooms tend to be clean enough for me to do my business while I charge. Location is great though and fairly critical for my regular business travels in South Carolina.