Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Fontana, CA (LIVE 29 Mar 2019, 24 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by today and we have a big green box just like the posted pictures.

Most of the bags are off and looks like one of the charger covers was blown off too.

Hope this site gets going by the end of the month.

Okay I just stopped by today. I don't see "a big green box"? The posted pictures here has a big grey box. I don't think that's the transformer. I did a search on supercharger transformer and the picture looks like a green box with heat sinks looking thing on the side. The site currently looks the same as a few months ago. I don't think it will open this year.

• Informative
Reactions: K3Man and mociaf9
Cruised by yesterday (12/5) at 11:15. No activity and no changes observed. Funny how Edison talks a lot of "Go Green" smack. Edison, you talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

As a side-note, this past Sunday morning, Rancho Cucamonga was full up when I took the last available slot around 10 am. When I left the SC there were three Teslas waiting for a space to open up.

• Informative
Reactions: K3Man
Cruised by yesterday (12/5) at 11:15. No activity and no changes observed. Funny how Edison talks a lot of "Go Green" smack. Edison, you talk the talk but can you walk the walk?

As a side-note, this past Sunday morning, Rancho Cucamonga was full up when I took the last available slot around 10 am. When I left the SC there were three Teslas waiting for a space to open up.

Yea Rancho stays full, when I charge there (1-2x per week) I make sure to get there before 8am anything after that San Bernardino it is.

Still no power as of today, but 2 of the stalls were damaged (front panel removed, exposing the hardware).

IMG_20181219_125327.jpg

No changes since the most recent post. The two superchargers that have been damaged/vandalized are still in that state. Nothing new at the site as of 11 am this morning. The wind was blowing hard, shredding the last of whatever plastic wrapping was on the superchargers. Maybe, just maybe next year.

Calabasas has been in construction longer as well as some locations in Europe. Many locations have been in permitting longer, but permits often get pulled when they go dormant for that long.
Except it turns out that Calabasas was never actually in construction, IMO. The hardware crates showed up on site as well as the fencing materials but, so far as I can tell from the posts in the thread, the fence was never erected and there was never any ground breaking (which are what I would personally consider as the signs that construction had actually started).

All of which is off topic here and if anyone wants to continue the discussion, we can take it to the Calabasas thread. But yeah, there are some others that still beat Fontana.

• Informative
Reactions: K3Man
I stopped by the Fontana Supercharger under construction off Summit in Fontana and got an update on the construction from a really good guy names "Steve" who works for EVI- The contractor doing some or all of the work for the site.

The news is not good.

Bottom line: The station is at least 2 months out from completion! Plan end of Q1 2019.

Apparently site construction got a little ahead of itself and the site was not fully approved by all parties in terms of electrical vault location and other issues I don't pretend to totally understand. The station is located on the CVS property (landlord 1) but the exiting vault is in the back of Target (landlord 2). The original proposal to place the electrical vault in the ground of the parking lot of Target was met with a thumbs down by Target and that's when things S L O W E D down.

Site contractors now need to dig a trench from the Supercharger site to the BACK of the Target store and then upgrade the existing vault to accommodate the additional juice requirements of the Supercharger. Once that is completed the site contractors THEN submit to Edison flip the switch.

Big shout out to Steve at EVI for giving me an update!
IMG_1529.JPG

I guess I had assumed that there was only a single landlord for the entire complex and that each store leases from the one property owner (management company).
That's usually true, and probably is here, too. But those owners have already leased the parking areas to their tenants together with the retail space and can't simultaneously lease portions of the lot to third parties without the tenant's prior consent and agreement which would have to be reflected in an altered lease agreement.