Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO the only way to get this done sooner than later is with a mass Executive Escalation complaint.
I sent this in a few minutes ago from my Tesla account:

The Tesla community has been waiting more than four years for a Supercharger in Fort Stockton, Texas. This SC location has been inaccurately touted on the official Tesla website as "coming soon!" for over four years. Reminds me of that old "Free Beer Tomorrow" sign we see in bars. Unfortunately there are no Tesla destination chargers anywhere near this area to get us through the formidable gap between Ozona and VanHorn, or to get us to points south. Would you be so kind as to investigate the situation and set up some sort of crash program to get us connected out here in west Texas? There are several Tesla owners that would be delighted to meet with Tesla representatives or to scout the area for Tesla.
Respectfully but frustratingly submitted,
Charlie P Mayer

Ball is in your court, folks. Let's give it a try, please send in your own version of my complaint - what are they going to do - fire us?

How about this: "Hey Tesla, if you get a Supercharger in Fort Stockton operational by September 1 I will place an order for a Roadster."

GWord: that particular charger sets off my shields, perhaps something similar from others?

The price/performance winner appears to be a Tesla HPWC. $500, can deliver 72 amps. Anybody know of anything with more bang for the buck?

Yeah, it looks beat up. Honestly I was sort of half kidding. Crowdsourcing a 480V three phase installation is no joke. The two real options are HPWC with a 100A branch and a business that is willing to install or to see if we can get someone to allow a Chargepoint chademo install on their property.

It might be perhaps cheaper to buy a Model 3 for a restaurant owner in town, lease it to him for a year for $1, and let him/her figure out the issues for him/herself.

The M3 might be worth the same or more at year's end.

Crowdsource?
Haha, owning a Tesla in Fort Stockton would not be an issue. There are Superchargers within range in three directions. It's travelling through that is a problem...

IMHO the only way to get this done sooner than later is with a mass Executive Escalation complaint.

The Tesla community has been waiting more than four years for a Supercharger in Fort Stockton, Texas. This SC location has been inaccurately touted on the official Tesla website as "coming soon!" for over four years. Reminds me of that old "Free Beer Tomorrow" sign we see in bars. Unfortunately there are no Tesla destination chargers anywhere near this area to get us through the formidable gap between Ozona and VanHorn, or to get us to points south. Would you be so kind as to investigate the situation and set up some sort of crash program to get us connected out here in west Texas? There are several Tesla owners that would be delighted to meet with Tesla representatives or to scout the area for Tesla.
Charlie P Mayer

Ball is in your court, folks. Let's give it a try, please send in your own version of my complaint - what are they going to do - fire us?

How about this: "Hey Tesla, if you get a Supercharger in Fort Stockton operational by September 1 I will place an order for a Roadster."

Very well-stated and far more succinctly as well than what I managed just now. In any case, executive escalation completed. Hopefully at least 20 of us will take a few minutes to do likewise.

I did request that a member of the executive team both take ownership of this vexing situation *and* respond with an action plan either in this thread or in the tesla.com fora.

No, I did not bring blue ponies for everybody, but hey, it was worth a shot at increasing both accountability and communication.

Charlie P Mayer

This is a great idea, but don't forget that there are two 200 mile gaps on Interstate 10 in Texas. (Flatonia to Junction & Van Horn to Ozona). I've been complaining to Tesla about San Antonio with no results for a while now. I always mention West Texas also. So when you complain about West Texas, would you please make mention of my often disrespected and neglected home town.

How about adding "I will place an order for a Roadster by the end of the year"
Just don't mention which year.

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX
Hello all, I’m new to this thread, but wanted to add that I’ve submitted the following to Tesla:

Why does Tesla continue to add more supercharger capacity to cities like Los Angeles and Chicago, when we’ve always been told they are to be used to enable long distance driving, and we still can’t drive across I-10, I-20, I-30 or I-40 in the United States? All four of these highways would be opened up with 7 stations, all of which have been ‘coming soon’ for years, yet 3 stations in Texas (Pecos, Fort Stockton and San Antonio) along with 3 in Arkansas and 1 in Oklahoma would open the entire country and all of these highways for everyone. Just curious and would love to know why there has been such a long delay to enable long distance trips across the center of the country?

Good luck and hopefully San Antonio can come soon too.

Reactions: plumazul
I took an unusual approach and sent mine to investor relations

Large delays in crucial gap locations such as this one are becoming objects for FUD as well as impediments for coast-to-coast travel. Fort Stockton is a major US issue, but the Trans Canada Highway is an important psychological point too. These have been long promised but become more important now because of the relentless pressure from shorts. I send this to investor relations because this frustrates me more as an investor than as an owner, and is very important in both respects.

James Green
Owner of SP85D, one P3D ordered, one more reserved and owner of a few thousand TSLA shares.

Charlie P Mayer

I will do it this weekend once I free up some time.