Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably this:

Supercharger.JPG

Didn't the manager at the Flying J say they were looking to go live last Friday? Obviously, that didn't happen. But I don't see anything in the way to activate it this Friday. It seems like it's up to the Tesla rep to make this go live (unless the city has to inspect it first?). Hoping they do it asap, as I will be driving through there on Saturday.

Last edited:
Probably this:

View attachment 336773

Didn't the manager at the Flying J say they were looking to go live last Friday? Obviously, that didn't happen. But I don't see anything in the way to activate it this Friday. It seems like it's up to the Tesla rep to make this go live (unless the city has to inspect it first?). Hoping they do it asap, as I will be driving through there on Saturday.
I think you're ridiculously optimistic and you should make other plans. But good luck!

Plan b is the Ozona to Van Horn run in under 12 parsecs. If I made it in 30 degree weather at reduced speed (sp100d), then I should be able to do it in 80 degree weather at reduced speed. Plan c is a stop at fort Stockton rv park or balmorhea for an hour or two of l2 charge.

I drove by on the evening of Wednesday the 12th. Just over a week ago. And I can tell you, in my estimation, there is NO way that Supercharger is going to be ready for operation by Saturday. They were still tearing the place up laying wires underground. There looked to be a lot of work left. I could be wrong in how long it all takes. But my guess would be another month before they come online from the state of things I saw. Good Luck on your trip! Dunno where you're heading.. but you can make it around Ft. Stockton. Ozona to Van Horn on 1-10 is doable.. certainly if you have a 100D.. just keep it under 80. Or you can take I-20 instead east-west.. it has less of a coverage gap.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmoz
Getting excited! Moar pictures please!!! Thank you Groundforces!

Sorry, the place was a wreck of construction.. I didn't want to get near it and all the Semi's and everyone else in the gas station.. It still looked a lot like the pictures I'd already seen here... fencing up all around the construction.. all the chargers were still in their boxes.. looked a long way from ready to me

Sorry, the place was a wreck of construction.. I didn't want to get near it and all the Semi's and everyone else in the gas station.. It still looked a lot like the pictures I'd already seen here... fencing up all around the construction.. all the chargers were still in their boxes.. looked a long way from ready to me

Amazing how quick things can happen; @GroundForces posted these a couple days ago;

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 7.41.15 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 7.41.00 AM.png

Fort Stockton has got to set two records: 1) The longest wait from first permit opened until construction actually starts. 2) The shortest time from start of construction until OPEN!

Carlsbad, CA has been in construction for over 6-months and looks complete but will probably be another month before it opens.

Fort Stockton has got to set two records: 1) The longest wait from first permit opened until construction actually starts. 2) The shortest time from start of construction until OPEN!

Carlsbad, CA has been in construction for over 6-months and looks complete but will probably be another month before it opens.
I think you should say: The shortest time time from start of construction to end of construction. As others have stated, it could still take a month to open.