Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've noticed that motorcoaches and pickup trucks with trailers have already made a habit of parking in that area, generally taking up the 3 leftmost spots.

Someone might need to donate some traffic cones to the supercharger. Ellensburg, WA had a terrible ICE problem and adding cones you physically had to move solved the problem.

Someone might need to donate some traffic cones to the supercharger. Ellensburg, WA had a terrible ICE problem and adding cones you physically had to move solved the problem.
I've seen that before, and not just SC. The destination charger at the Embassy Suites in College Station has a 3' tall cone (more a pole, really) that they leave at the entrance to the stall. The rest of the parking lot can be jam packed, including the J-1772 the next stall over, and the Destination stall is open and ready for you park in once to pull traffic marker out of the way.

People seem to get the message that the property owner cares....and maybe enough that they'd call a tow truck.

EDIT: Correction 3.5' 42" Arrow Top Delineator Posts - Delineator Tubes | Traffic Safety Store

Last edited:
Ty! Sorry to hijack the thread, I've been watching this as once a year I'm driving to LA and back and now maybe twice a year. This is the only trouble spot.

Plugshare. The L2 is right across the street from a Stripes / Pizza parlor. You can usually get ~60A if you have a 72/80A car...

Screen Shot 2018-09-23 at 6.20.54 PM.png

Imgur

That's strange. I never saw anyone park a 4 wheeler like that before the Superchargers were there.

My guess is that under typical circumstances there will be low enough daily utilization that it won't matter. Assuming he was trying to be an agitator, he was smart putting the nose of his car past the last charging pedestal. Parking like that is an invitation to be boxed in for an extended period of time.

My guess is that under typical circumstances there will be low enough daily utilization that it won't matter. Assuming he was trying to be an agitator, he was smart putting the nose of his car past the last charging pedestal. Parking like that is an invitation to be boxed in for an extended period of time.
The cable wouldn't reach that? I've yet to use a SC but I got the impression they'd reach to the edge of the next stall, and here that'd be the rear driver.

Pending a reply from an executive escalation - I floated 10/20 Saturday (contingent upon anything the SC manager may or may not already have in flight).

Anyone notice that the ribbon cutting link of the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce now results in a 404 error (page not found)?

Thanks to those who have PMd me; so far, we have recent representation from CA, NM, FL and all over TX (along with those upthread who are passing through).

Now might be a good time to continue to RSVP in a casual sense either via PM or post.

Once we have a date nailed down, I would be grateful for any lodging recommendations within 50 miles (along the CA incoming side) of For(got)t(en no longer!) Stockton. And will scroll back to Charlie's itinerary for the name of whichever place that was in that post...

We are available any day and time as long as it is early afternoon Sunday, October 7, 2018. We will be leaving Jacksonville, FL around noon Saturday and should be in Fort Stockton in 24 or so hours. However, we need to be back in San Diego by Monday evening so can not stay over. I teach a Tuesday/Thursday class at a local Community College that starts at 7 am. So as long as I do not need sleep I guess we could get home by 6 am so I could take a shower and get to campus on time.

So PLEASE, TESLA, have this Supercharger live before noon, Sunday, October 7, 2018. Please, Please and pretty Please, with a Cherry on Top!!!

I'm open the 6th and 13th. Today I will stop by the Grey Mule Saloon (actually a wine bar), but I think they are closed today.

I agree with nwdiver - highly recommend Hotel Limpia/Blue Mountain Bistro over anything in Ft. Stockton.

Drive through Balmorhea, then a spectacular drive
through the mountains.

Has anybody heard from Tesla?

Reactions: Pale_Rider