Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen that before, and not just SC. The destination charger at the Embassy Suites in College Station has a 3' tall cone (more a pole, really) that they leave at the entrance to the stall. The rest of the parking lot can be jam packed, including the J-1772 the next stall over, and the Destination stall is open and ready for you park in once to pull traffic marker out of the way.

People seem to get the message that the property owner cares....and maybe enough that they'd call a tow truck.

EDIT: Correction 3.5' 42" Arrow Top Delineator Posts - Delineator Tubes | Traffic Safety Store
Recall that west Texas gets fairly regular 40+ mph winds -- I'd worry about those blowing over. The nicer the cone, the more likely it is to disappear...

Also note that only 4 of the stalls are for exclusive charging use. The others allow general parking for a limited time DEMANDED BY THE PROPERTY OWNER. Don't put cones there.

• Informative
Reactions: ℬête Noire
We need to invent a supercharger extension cord.... What could go wrong?
Alternatively we need to invent switchblade boots and do a little tire kicking. What could go wrong?
Recall that west Texas gets fairly regular 40+ mph winds -- I'd worry about those blowing over. The nicer the cone, the more likely it is to disappear...

Also note that only 4 of the stalls are for exclusive charging use. The others allow general parking for a limited time DEMANDED BY THE PROPERTY OWNER. Don't put cones there.
Ah right, this is Wind Country.

So sounds like 4 cones, somewhat lower but that you'll still notice, scuff them up a bit ;) , and some fugly looking modification for extra weight on the bottom.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: CarlS and STDRDC13
Alternatively we need to invent switchblade boots and do a little tire kicking. What could go wrong?

Ah right, this is Wind Country.

So sounds like 4 cones, somewhat lower but that you'll still notice, scuff them up a bit ;) , and some fugly looking modification for extra weight on the bottom.
I remember we used to make posts for volleyball nets by taking a tire and filling it with concrete and sticking a metal pole in the middle. Maybe a few of those, painted orange? You lean the pole over and roll the tire out of the way...:p

But seriously, a row of cones blocking parking, or in the normal "flight path" of passing truckers might be more of a target than a deterrent.

FDE33A44-F277-47ED-B8E1-565550563663.jpeg

Can’t argue with SA. I hope this crew is assigned to TX for the next 12 months.

Going from central TX to CO or NM Lubbock is a given. SA/Boerne could’ve next since they are permitted.

Now that the I10 route is good build the roadster, I’m ready to sell a more valuable exotic to get that car.