Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if folks on here are aware but San Angelo is also slated to get a Supercharger location.
I knew it was a gray pin (along with family wish of Fredericksburg) but you mean in this batch upcoming? Is it ahead of Lubbock, which seems to be a bigger hole. I should be able to reach from Midland to Amarillo but that's gotta be a tight leg for older Teslas going North, as it's got a 250m rise. Going from SE to NW through Lubbock isn't even in Model 3/100D reach.

Here's a possibility for the haste of now completing this supercharger....

They are about to drive the semi across I10 and need the supercharger for it.

So, I kind of jokingly posted this. Now I saw on Linkedin that Tesla will have a booth at an expo at the GRB in Houston for a convention that boosts women in engineering. In the picture, there is a picture of the semi. Maybe they are bringing the semi to Houston for the convention?

First response from "Executive Escalation" was the second time in about as many months that employee Seng Goo has provided a woefully insufficient reply, which is to say no useful information.

4pm on a Saturday for a Golden Spike Ceremony (GSC) at the SC remains a good time for those of us coming from ~2 days away (~5 day round trip), and is a fine kickoff to the rest of the itinerary that @charliepmayer has proposed, starting with moving on from the SC after the GSC to libations at the Grey Mule.

Which brings us to the question of which Saturday, pending final utility, possibly city, and certainly Tesla inspections - and activation/numbering.

Here's my $0.02:

We target October 20th*, Saturday, at 4pm for a Golden Spike Ceremony, moving on to the Grey Mule around 4:30pm.

* with the caveat that the site does need to go live at some point in the next 23 days.

I stopped at the San Antonio service center to discus a few issues with my car and the person I spoke to said he thought the “trouble shooter” is supposed to be headed out there today. Take that for what it’s worth but it looked like everything is in place to get the supercharger switched on.

I had no reason to ask for him to be towed. The signs clearly state 30 minute temporary parking and why bother when no electrons are flowing yet.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Good morning,

Luis A. Medina with the Fort Stockton Pioneer Newspaper In Fort Stockton TX. I and our Reporter Jeremy are looking into the tesla sc going up at the Flying J, today I spoke with the manager there and I was advised that it should be finished today, Not sure on when it will be operational.

We have a section in the Paper called where you headed. is there anyone traveling trough Fort Stockton this week?

[email protected]

Did other people just get notification for this? Luis' post may have been stuck in Pending by the spam filter or something. :(

P.S. FYI I posted an Event notice on the Houston Tesla Club's FB page for Oct 20, 4PM, marked as TENTATIVE. There were at least a few people almost immediately indicating interest in attending. It's not my FB account (don't have one) so I don't check it often but I'll check periodically and update if it looks like more than say 6 people RSVP, just to give an idea of potential attendance.

Reactions: JSergeant
Did other people just get notification for this? Luis' post may have been stuck in Pending by the spam filter or something. :(

P.S. FYI I posted an Event notice on the Houston Tesla Club's FB page for Oct 20, 4PM, marked as TENTATIVE. There were at least a few people almost immediately indicating interest in attending. It's not my FB account (don't have one) so I don't check it often but I'll check periodically and update if it looks like more than say 6 people RSVP, just to give an idea of potential attendance.
I’m not on Facebook either, but put me down as tentative. I’ve been wanting to take a road trip, but health issues have prevented that so far this year, but I’m up to one now. The temperature should be rather nice in late October.

Reactions: ℬête Noire

I also just got a notification. Weird!