Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did other people just get notification for this? Luis' post may have been stuck in Pending by the spam filter or something. :(

P.S. FYI I posted an Event notice on the Houston Tesla Club's FB page for Oct 20, 4PM, marked as TENTATIVE. There were at least a few people almost immediately indicating interest in attending. It's not my FB account (don't have one) so I don't check it often but I'll check periodically and update if it looks like more than say 6 people RSVP, just to give an idea of potential attendance.
Yes, I just got a notification. It took me a few posts before I realized I was reading old stuff, and then I wondered how I had got there.

Definitely strange.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I wouldn't mind some day having SC's on both sides of the highway, everywhere - having to make a U turn going in and a U turn leaving is annoying, when it's only on one side.

... maybe once there are SCs every ~25 miles. I'd rather have shorter spacing. Never know when you're gonna get surprised by a head wind.

Update: Per the Executive Escalations team, the Tesla SC team is “not scheduling ribbon cuttings or grand openings as they have in the past. It's possible they will starting doing those again in the future; however, at the moment there are no plans...”

While regrettable, this simplifies planning considerably.

If there are no objections (type now or forever hold yer peace), let’s move forward to finalize:

Saturday, October 20th at 3:59pm as the date and time for the Golden Spike Ceremony at the Fort Stockton SC (Flying J), followed by a continuation/proper gathering at the Gray Mule Saloon, and so forth as noted upthread.

This advance notice should give plenty of time for the SC to be activated. Could happen any day from the sound of local reports above.

It will also give people time to arrange time off work or to line up house/baby/pet sitters or to just become giddy with anticipation over the next couple of weeks.

As well, it will give the leadership of the different owners clubs time to publicize the event to their respective memberships.

And finally, once that date/time is fixed, contacting the newspaper fellow above probably wouldn’t be a bad idea.

The more, the merrier.

Please continue to RSVP so we can have an idea of headcount, as well as from where each of you(se) are driving.

... but not unusual for tmc forums. This thread dropped out of my notifications for days before I did my ad hoc check of SC threads.
That's something different. That happens when you don't check a thread after getting a notification.**

What happened here is that the account's first post was put into some sort of stasis. I've seen other accounts, of what may be "Problem Childs", that are in delay mode. Every post they make is delayed by a few days or more. It might be a "admin must manually approve each post"? I'm not saying this reporter is a "problem child", just that their account creation may have tripped a spam filter or something that require manual intervention by an admin and that took a week.

In any event maybe someone local could send them an email?

** Another possibility for not getting notifications, but I haven't conclusively verified yet this happens, is when someone you have on Ignore is the first person to post to a thread after you've checked it. So there is no notification to you but you still don't get future notifications until you read the thread to clear the "read" flag.

I spoke with a lady at the Grey Mule Saloon: she said they would have cheese/snack trays available and wines to taste.
They will need a head count, of course. There may be a rental fee of about $100 depending upon how many people show up.
If just a few of us show up as walk-in tourists, no charge.
Phone: 432-336-WINE (9463)

I recommend spending some time at the Annie Riggs Museum across the street.

The "Old Fort Days" celebration will occur on October 19th and 20th, so the 20th is a good date. This from their web site:

Step inside of a teepee, take a horse ride, watch a (staged) old West gunfight, enjoy a historic play, and more at this annual celebration on the grounds of Historic Fort Stockton. 301 East 3rd Street Fort Stockton, TX 79735

More here: Fort Stockton Trip Planner • Your personalized Fort Stockton itinerary

It would be nice if we invited representatives from the newspaper, the Economic Development Council, and the Flying J.
(IMHO, only the RV Park, the Flying J and the Best Western folks were actively courting Tesla, never did see enthusiasm from anyone else in FS.)

Please support our other supporters in the area while you are out here: Hotel Limpia and Fort Davis Library (Fort Davis), El Cosmico (Marfa), and the Fort Stockton RV Park. Thank you!

I'll be marrying off some relatives on the 20th and 27th, so I can't celebrate with you in person, so I'll butt out and let the rest of you contact the local officials for the ceremony. I would like a golden spike, please!

Please post some pics!

Charlie

Any update on functionality of the supercharger? I'm really hoping it's turned on by Thursday

You and me both, Scotty. We will be driving Coast to Coast, Jacksonville FL to San Diego CA. We leave Jax on Saturday noon and should be in Fort Stockton Sunday afternoon, October 7.

If the power is not turned on yet then we will just have to draft behind a big semi and praying that we make it to Van Horn. We plan to charge to 100% in Ozona and then draft our way to Fort Stockton. At least by then we should see how efficient we are and know if we can make it all the way. Even slowing down to 55 mph is better than the 6 hour delay by crossing north to the I-40.

PLEASE tell us this will be live by Sunday.

You and me both, Scotty. We will be driving Coast to Coast, Jacksonville FL to San Diego CA. We leave Jax on Saturday noon and should be in Fort Stockton Sunday afternoon, October 7.

If the power is not turned on yet then we will just have to draft behind a big semi and praying that we make it to Van Horn. We plan to charge to 100% in Ozona and then draft our way to Fort Stockton. At least by then we should see how efficient we are and know if we can make it all the way. Even slowing down to 55 mph is better than the 6 hour delay by crossing north to the I-40.

PLEASE tell us this will be live by Sunday.[/QUOT

For those of you who will attend the celebration, where are you thinking of spending the night? I understand that rooms are hard to come by and expensive in Fort Stockton. I was considering Fort Davis (and looking forward to buying Charlie a beer) but it adds a lot of distance on the way back unless I spend part of Sunday there, then drive part way back, and finish the trip on Monday.

... maybe once there are SCs every ~25 miles. I'd rather have shorter spacing. Never know when you're gonna get surprised by a head wind.
I agree with both sentiments. I do actually consider which side of the highway the supercharger is on when planning my stops. Or I guess more specifically, I consider the detour of the highway required to charge, but often the deciding factor is which side of the highway it is on. With superchargers now being spaced out at shorter distances (in some areas) and driving an S100D, I have a lot of flexibility.

But yes, it makes more sense to put a new one in a different town to shorten the spacing rather than have two in the same town on opposite sides of the highway. Especially when it's a crappy little town like Junction.

Please do not contact local newspapers until the power is actually turned on. They would love to publish something negative about electric cars if we had an event and nobody could charge because the power was off. I can see it now, some type of cynical headline with the word "Unplugged" in it somewhere.

PS - yes, my notifications were turned off too for some reason. I checked on the forum to ask why the chatter had stopped, but I see it has not stopped.