Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My vote is Groundhog Day (Feb 2) but both spots are open for me at this point.

The rally sounds great but I'll not commit to any date yet as late Summers can be weird as I've still got a number of kids still spread across multiple schools of the Jr, High, and college levels.

How about an early event at Pecos SC, then caravan down to Fort Stockton SC for the MAIN EVENT and Golden Spike Ceremony.

Just a thought.

Now, let us all continue our posting and comments on the thread for the San Antonio Supercharger and REALLY get I-10 completed. It was a drag having to go out of our way to get to San Marcos Supercharger in order to make it west to Junction, TX.

Maybe Boerne, TX should be the focus of our attention. just saying ....

Reactions: plumazul
Awesome. Now which thread are we going to chat in?

It'd be great to visit Big Bend (& White Sands—which might already be doable?) via Superchargers next. I'm hopeful Lubbock comes online soon, as a shortcut to Colorado and points NW of Austin.. And a couple more SCs in the Austin area & Hill Country...

This summer I drove to CA on I40. I'm happy to have I10 as a shorter option for the next trip west!

PLUS EV: yep, hard to find dates that all 500 of us can agree to. I guess we should all just vote our recommendations, I’ll put it in a spreadsheet, and off we go. Many later opportunities - much prettier here in September than February, in a very different way.

I would vote for February 9th or Feb.16. My husband likes to watch the Super Bowl game. The August rally sounds awesome. We will be heading that way in November anyways, maybe we will scout around. Veterans Day is November 12th, right? I would be willing to meet up then, but I understood that a lot of others could not make it until the new year. President's day might be a better option if a national holiday is needed. That would be February 16 if it has to be on a Saturday; Monday 2-18-19 is President's day.

Methinks we'll have better (inter)national attendance in August - one never knows from where interest will emanate, if the annual Sound of Silence Black Hills Tesla Rally in Custer, South Dakota is any indication. That said, Feb 9th works as well. As for the 2nd, well, a lot of peeps won't make the trip during Football Mecca weekend, whether they're in owners clubs or not. Slightly less dark and starry nights a week later, but only slightly, right? Also, for February dates in general, it's either the 9th or the 23rd - since that other Hallmark holiday hovers around what would be the weekend of the 16th.

So Aug/Feb 9th/Feb 23rd would be my votes in descending order of enthusiasm. I've got spikes as well as proper stogies for any wayward aficionados covered. What I don't have any more of *twitch*, and probably won't in time for February, is proper scotch. I will leave that detail to the group at large :).

After all, it might be a wee bit nipply during the Golden Spike Ceremony - not that I imagine we'll be at the SC all that long before the rest of the itinerary commences. Probably 30 minutes of handing out spikes while waiting for the stroke of 4pm, and then about 15 minutes or so of ceremony before finding our way to the next stop. Of course, if there's a belated ribbon cutting and/or a mayor or any kind of press involved, then that probably doubles to 30 minutes while group pictures are taken repeatedly and so forth.

February will be here before we know it, folks. Hell, it's almost Thanksfreakinggiving. As it were.

Reactions: Behind
I drove from the Temple TX area to Las Cruces, NM yesterday (including through flooded Llano and over the massively swollen Llano river that made the national news this AM). Contrary to some reports from this past summer, I had first-rate supercharging at Junction, Ozona, and Van Horn. Seems that Tesla has been making some tweaks and repairs to these SC's.

The real treat was the Fort Stockton SC and driving at 80+ mph between all the SC's. No more "tooling" down I-10 at 66 mph, trying to make that 227 mile gap that previously existed between Ozona and Van Horn. "Coming soon" since 2014 finally happened! (One of the Fort Stockton SC's was unlit, but it still charged my P85 at a high rate.)

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to "re-purpose" that deer catcher I had mounted on the front of my Tesla, for all those late night jaunts to charge at Iraan.