Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaithersburg, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
_1010408.jpg
I've never seen them put up the pedestals first - usually the last element to be erected.

• Informative
Reactions: sigmo32
FWIW, I was at the National Harbor Supercharger opening on 03October2017 and learned from one of that development's executives that two of the Peterson Company's other nearby properties will soon be hosting Superchargers as well - the Rio Washington Center (209 Boardwalk Place in Gaithersburg, MD 20878) and in Fairfax Corner. According to the exec, the Fairfax Corner siting has not yet been completed - the developer remains in the midst of its "due diligence" on the best location within the shopping area, but the Gaithersburg location has been finalized - inside the parking garage that is discussed in posts above.

Since it's the same property developer hosting the Superchargers in Gaithersburg and National Harbor, the signage at National Harbor may offer some solace to posters on this thread concerned about the Gaithersburg parking garage being a potential ICE nightmare. At National Harbor, the developer erected its own signs above Supercharger parking spots stating "TESLA PARKING ONLY - All Others Will Be Towed" (see the image below).

The National Harbor Supercharger does technically require users to pay a $6 parking fee, but enforcement is by local police authorities so Tesla owners not leaving their vehicles would probably be able to charge-and-scoot without buying a dashboard display ticket.

I've posted the above information about Fairfax on that separate thread.
IMG_3059.JPG

Quick update for all--

First, the batteries are in! All 400kWhs of them! Along with the Superchargers, and the pedestals. Looks like the site still needs to pull some wire, install the switch gear (on site), and have Pepco install the transformer (not on site), and put some asphalt back down, so a bit to go but making great progress! -- Peter

400 kWh Battery (Superchargers on left)
IMG_4680.jpg IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4677.jpg IMG_4690.jpg
Switch Gear
IMG_4688.jpg
Pedestals
IMG_4695.jpg IMG_4693.jpg
Transformer Pad
IMG_4692.jpg

I love the RED line, I this is the first time I've seen that done at a Supercharger. I think that may be an extra deterrent to ICEing, I'm very interested to see how much of a difference it makes.

The only major item left is the transformer, which gets dropped onto the open pad to the left of the Superchargers. Lets hope Pepco is on the ball! -- Peter

View attachment 255297

All paved. Not long to go now one would think