Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Gaylord MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by today on my way up north. No change (no transformer yet).

btw- I ran into a crew in Livonia last week that will complete the Gaylord SC when it’s time, and one of the guys told me there is an easement issue with a property in Gaylord where the utility can’t bring their lines across a piece of property owned by Menard’s, just east of the Buffalo Wild Wings. He also said that Menards was recently denied a permit to build on that property by Gaylord, so he thought the Tesla project might proceed soon.

All just wishful thinking, but reported as I heard it.

Must be the Government at work .Ridiculous
Headed up to Harbor springs again on 4/11 ..Here's hoping by then .. ..My wife has transferred gas anxiety to range anxiety..
Summer time we are fine but the cold takes it's toll (who knew )

I stopped by today.

The good news ... there is a new surveyor’s stake in the ground next to the PVC conduits where the transformer will be (I will take a photo tomorrow on the way back downstate).

The bad news is that they just got another 2 feet of snow dumped on them so it may take a while to do anything about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Haymaker
I was able to stop by today and took these photos. It seems like a small thing, but it is the only sign of progress here in over 6 months. The stake reads “Bore / Transformer”

F07785EE-FF24-4640-91AF-50FE59D74AFD.jpeg
39A5113F-B3DE-415D-B1BF-B1D30D808722.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: jdchi and trace
anyone have luck using the destination charger at Adoba hotel in Naubinway? Do they let non guests charge?

Do you really want to be a non-guest and use this one anyway? I mean, it's only 8kW. Which factors out to needing to be there for around 4-5 hours to get 100 miles of range. I think in this case it's really meant for overnight usage more than a quick top up.