Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Georgetown, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, a few changes.

We have a meter.
Meter has power.
No power to the pedestals yet though.

There are 2 Model Y’s and a Model X here with 3 Tesla guys working on a few things. It is 11:00 now. They say they have about 6-7 hours work before the chargers will be up and running.

Yay!

Looks like it will be up later today.

Attachments

• IMG_2883.jpeg
    IMG_2883.jpeg
    739.6 KB · Views: 105
And two stalls are already down?
That’s somewhat expected at a new location. For Tesla. They’ll fix it soon enough.

Perhaps you’re thinking of Electrify America.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS
A ribbon cutting event happened this morning starting at 11:00. Numerous Tesla owners, local business people and an officer of the city (councilman? I missed his name) cut the ribbon at 12:00. I thought I’d get some free charging since the location only came online on Wednesday… but the site is live on the car’s navigation system and nope it was not free. Some Teslas showed up to charge not knowing it was a new location.

A good time was had by all. I got a Tesla mug. Thanks to the Austin Tesla Owners Club for the meetup.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.jpeg
    IMG_2901.jpeg
    834.6 KB · Views: 51
Thanks for sharing that. Looks like a lot of Teslas. How many people were there do you think?

I noticed it’s a very busy shopping center when we went through a couple of Sundays ago - especially the nearby Starbucks drive through.
I would guess 50-60 people, about 30-45 Teslas, about 25 or so as a high water mark. They (cars and people) came and went at random and only a few stayed the whole time (making it harder to count). Thanks to Michelle and Michael. A nicely run event.

I looked at all the VINs towards the end and was surprised that only our Model Y and a friend's were from the Austin factory. All other cars came from Fremont.

We answered a lot of Tesla ownership questions from the visitors there, mostly vendor employees. "Here's a coupon for $5 off our restaurant. How many miles can you go on a charge?"

This is indeed a busy location, and I think we're going to see some ICE problems. Before the event started, a guy in a Dodge diesel pickup (with dual coal rolling setup) tried to occupy a stall. He was convinced to leave the charging stall but sat in a nearby parking spot about 5 minutes before driving away. He and his passenger never got out of the vehicle.

Last edited: