Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Giddings, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All 7 are back in. Its just that the one pedestal is to the side of the end spot. Single pull ins are always on the left end of the row.
Haha, try not to use words like "always" when referring to Tesla Supercharger layout.

For example, the one in Van Horn, TX is on the right end. Not useful for those towing, although it would be useful for those (like me) who use a hitch-mount cargo carrier.
img_20170223_152244-jpg.216076

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and XHabjab
this is weird, checking on the charging map in the car last night. This SC is now in there as a charger, just not as a Supercharger.
Most peculiar.
The navigation system in your car will remember anywhere you've charged it and display it as a charging location regardless of whether Tesla is officially listing the location yet or not.

Apparently it only shows 4 stalls
Strange.

I pulled in there on Sunday, and there were 8. However the first two I tried only charged about 13 miles before giving me a red ring, and stopping charging. Not had that issue before, and luckily didn't need more range to make it back to Houston.
I wonder if only 4 are fully functional...

Strange.

I pulled in there on Sunday, and there were 8. However the first two I tried only charged about 13 miles before giving me a red ring, and stopping charging. Not had that issue before, and luckily didn't need more range to make it back to Houston.
I wonder if only 4 are fully functional...
Yeah I noticed that the car's screen info says 4 chargers as well. I was just there 4 hours ago.
20191107_173407.jpg

I count 8 chargers in this photo, all pedestals lit. I had no trouble on the one I was on here, I think 140kW or so, 550mph.
The site is known on the car and on supercharge.info but not yet at tesla.com or plugshare.com .

Yeah I noticed that the car's screen info says 4 chargers as well. I was just there 4 hours ago.
View attachment 474414
I count 8 chargers in this photo, all pedestals lit. I had no trouble on the one I was on here, I think 140kW or so, 550mph.
The site is known on the car and on supercharge.info but not yet at tesla.com or plugshare.com .
PlugShare is less than useful for newer sites. I’ve given up on it and use abetterrouteplanner instead.

PlugShare pulls the data from Tesla.com for supercharger locations.

abetterrouteplanner.com (and possibly others) pull the locations from supercharge.info (which is manually updated by the site owners using the crowdsourced info found here).
Don’t think they do. PlugShare gets crowdsourced updates also, but they have decided to mess with the early superchargers to hide them.
Both Giddings and Webster appeared as public chargers initially then were hidden and changed to wall chargers, despite photos and checkins that show it working.

Don’t think they do. PlugShare gets crowdsourced updates also, but they have decided to mess with the early superchargers to hide them.
Both Giddings and Webster appeared as public chargers initially then were hidden and changed to wall chargers, despite photos and checkins that show it working.
Plugshare does that at the request of Tesla who doesn't want supercharger locations listed until they are ready. thread for discussion on the matter: Superchargers on PlugShare

Was just there this weekend - worked well. One cabinet [4a/b, maybe? the one nearest the highway] was not working so I used the pull-in one instead. Got 120KW. This is a nice location. Much better than Columbus!

Wow seriously? Those 2 haven't worked since the first week then... I stopped in a few days after it got lit up and of course, we tried 4A/B first since closest to the entrance... same experience.

There is a number on the stalls, however, if you call it now, Tesla states "the self report problems" and do not encourage people to bother calling in about supercharger issues, but you can wait on the line to do so if you want... However, between Italy having a physically busted stall for months now, Austin (og 150kw location) being roughly 40% operational any given day of the week for the past 6+ months, Waco's numerous problems, and Giddings... I have little faith in their self reporting generating repair actions :(

Reactions: jdcoffman