Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hood River, OR - Anchor Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a panorama view:
PXL_20220522_185236224.PANO.jpg

Note the food trucks to the east.

Reactions: mociaf9 and otter
Hopefully there are less homeless at this new location. It was really annoying being harassed by them every time I got in or out of the car and if I hung in the car waiting they would want to come over and ask for money. The supercharger is just in the worst location for that, right near the corner where they hang out.

so...available bathrooms would be how far away?

Don't get me wrong, LOVE that more Superchargers go in. it's just...other road trip amenities should be part of the equation. i know, i know, not always a perfect situation with "sharing" parking spots and land/business owners of said parking lots and what not. but at this point i would think Tesla has SOME pull on these things. maybe not. dunno.

Don't get me wrong, LOVE that more Superchargers go in. it's just...other road trip amenities should be part of the equation. i know, i know, not always a perfect situation with "sharing" parking spots and land/business owners of said parking lots and what not. but at this point i would think Tesla has SOME pull on these things. maybe not. dunno.

This is in the middle of a bustling little strip. It looks like there are plenty of businesses nearby: pFreim Family Brewers, STOKED Roasters and Coffeehouse, Ferment Brewing Company, several other little stores and a waterfront park with a public restroom building. The only time you might have trouble finding a bathroom is late at night.

Second Hood River Tesla Supercharger Construction Site
Second Hood River Tesla Supercharger

There is a public bathroom at the waterfront park

• Informative
Reactions: finman100
There is a public bathroom at the waterfront park
I don't recall seeing any closure hours on that public restroom, but I'll check on the next trip. We're looking forward to this site mainly for its opportunity to stretch our legs and walk the dog along the river, away from traffic. The food options, although not open 24/7, look interesting as well.

Reactions: Big Earl
No activity this afternoon, but enough components have arrived to make this cone-worthy by anyone's criteria;). Four 250 kW stacks, many coils of 4 inch flexible watertight conduit, 16 charging bollards, and 16 large precast bases, one of which has been set in a hole.

When I checked the public restrooms at the waterfront park (5 minute stroll if nothing feels urgent), I could see no signage indicating closure hours.

tempImageDC9XEd.png

No activity this afternoon, but enough components have arrived to make this cone-worthy by anyone's criteria;). Four 250 kW stacks, many coils of 4 inch flexible watertight conduit, 16 charging bollards, and 16 large precast bases, one of which has been set in a hole.

When I checked the public restrooms at the waterfront park (5 minute stroll if nothing feels urgent), I could see no signage indicating closure hours.

View attachment 844325
Those look to be a new design compared to this:
1661320434274.png

Even without the oval base for the charger, they look shorter and longer overall and the main electrical hole is in the center.

View attachment 844325
I checked to bathrooms at 9pm and they were locked.