Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Islandia, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have been in constant contact with my contacts in Islandia Village hall, as well as Tesla corporate. The construction is 100% complete on Islandia, the utility has signed off, engineering has signed off, and Village hall has signed the permits, and OK'd the operation. Tesla corporate is now the holdup (shocker), and their supercharger team will be reaching out to me within the next 3 days, hopefully, with more exact information on when they will flip the switch.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and Shateam
Looks like construction on the valley stream started after Islandia yet VS is already up and running. Not that one has anything to do with the other, but it is same PSEG utilitiy, so hopefully Islandia will be running soon.

Minor update, with no change. Tesla and the local union seem to be in disagreement about something. I'm guessing it's price to install the transformer and connect to the grid. Islandia village hall cant get answers from either side, but 1049 says they are waiting on tesla to agree to terms. They are likely trying to megotiate terms, since they will be installing a fairly large number of chargers of the coming years.

Minor update, with no change. Tesla and the local union seem to be in disagreement about something. I'm guessing it's price to install the transformer and connect to the grid. Islandia village hall cant get answers from either side, but 1049 says they are waiting on tesla to agree to terms. They are likely trying to megotiate terms, since they will be installing a fairly large number of chargers of the coming years.
The strange thing is that the valley stream supercharger went online already and I recall watching progress on the southampton charger from construction to operation and it went pretty quickly as well.

3D5563CB-03FE-4F55-A908-8B178EFE13A2.jpeg