Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Jonesboro, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome news! This will alleviate a lot of tourist traffic in the summertime to Branson, MO via Brinkley/Little Rock as it shaves off 30 minutes of the trip from Memphis.

It hadn't even crossed my mind that people would go from Memphis to Branson. Maybe I should give more credit to Branson :D

I see it being HUGELY beneficial for anyone passing through Little Rock headed to St Louis and Great Lakes destinations (Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, etc).

Maybe someday there'll be one in West Memphis.

Finally showed up in my Nav when I was about 10 miles away. Kinda weird that it's 7 stalls. Does anyone have an explanation?
7 is greater than 0, so 🤷‍♂️

It hadn't even crossed my mind that people would go from Memphis to Branson. Maybe I should give more credit to Branson

I see it being HUGELY beneficial for anyone passing through Little Rock headed to St Louis and Great Lakes destinations (Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, etc).

Maybe someday there'll be one in West Memphis.

That would be great, we're just on the other side of the river, hit it on the way out of town if needed.

Reactions: LoudMusic
Hi all...

I am planning a trip from Birmingham to Branson which normally goes through Jonesboro and then to Branson... However I have a M3 RWD and the range is about 262.... Will I be able to make it through the mountainds and Mountain Home?? I see one unreliable CCS charger I can use in Mountain hme but if its out will I be stuck?

Thanks for advice!!

According to ABRP, yes, you can make it with 9% SOC on arrival in Branson, but yeah, that's a tough one...you need to charge up to 97% in Jonesboro, 100% if you want to go through Mountain Home.

What does the car's nav say?

And yeah, as far as CCS DC fast chargers along the way, that one in Mountain Home is about it...a Blink station at a car dealership? Yeah, I'd be nervous about that too. However, it appears to only be a 25kW unit, so you'd probably do well to consider a decent J1772 or destination charger as a backup as well, as it's not going to be a whole lot slower than the 25kW unit.

This one in particular looks like a good option if the Blink station is out:

Reactions: MikeRadio
North central Arkansas is tough. I would use PlugShare to identify 3-5 L2 chargers on the route to stop at for a meal or something, hoping that one or two are available and functional.

The only one along that route I've used is Minnie Harris Park's NEMA 14-50 plug. It's just a dinky little city park that they do events in, so they have a bunch of plugs for food trucks and such. I was there late and there aren't many businesses around. We picked up pizza and ate in the car, then walked the dog in the park. 7.5kW charging is better than 0kW charging 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MikeRadio and RTPEV
North central Arkansas is tough. I would use PlugShare to identify 3-5 L2 chargers on the route to stop at for a meal or something, hoping that one or two are available and functional.

The only one along that route I've used is Minnie Harris Park's NEMA 14-50 plug. It's just a dinky little city park that they do events in, so they have a bunch of plugs for food trucks and such. I was there late and there aren't many businesses around. We picked up pizza and ate in the car, then walked the dog in the park. 7.5kW charging is better than 0kW charging 🤷‍♂️

Thank you so much!

According to ABRP, yes, you can make it with 9% SOC on arrival in Branson, but yeah, that's a tough one...you need to charge up to 97% in Jonesboro, 100% if you want to go through Mountain Home.

What does the car's nav say?

And yeah, as far as CCS DC fast chargers along the way, that one in Mountain Home is about it...a Blink station at a car dealership? Yeah, I'd be nervous about that too. However, it appears to only be a 25kW unit, so you'd probably do well to consider a decent J1772 or destination charger as a backup as well, as it's not going to be a whole lot slower than the 25kW unit.

This one in particular looks like a good option if the Blink station is out:
Thank you for the info. Haven’t put in nav yet as weather etc will affect. And I’m not going until next Monday.

hiwever ABRP says I should stop at the gmc dealer

Thank you for the info. Haven’t put in nav yet as weather etc will affect. And I’m not going until next Monday.

hiwever ABRP says I should stop at the gmc dealer
Well yes, the nav/app will take into account weather, but the effect of weather is going to be a 1-2% type of thing. It would still be helpful to get an idea if you are off by 2% or 12%. I always like to compare the car to ABRP and try to understand the differences.

Reactions: LoudMusic
Well yes, the nav/app will take into account weather, but the effect of weather is going to be a 1-2% type of thing. It would still be helpful to get an idea if you are off by 2% or 12%. I always like to compare the car to ABRP and try to understand the differences.
Ever driven into a 30+ mph headwind at 60mph? You will see a lot more than 1-2% effect on range.

Reactions: ChrisC and PLUS EV