Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kennebunk, ME (I-95 NB and SB service plazas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Generally not, but I should do this one, and not just because it's Maine. Became hard to keep up, and so many recent Superchargers have been either adding high density (hard to get excited about another SoCal Supercharger) or have been urban or destination Superchargers.

But a highway Supercharger like this is my kind of Supercharger since it improves travel significantly: NH/VT fastest route to ME becomes easier since it avoids a large Seabrook, NH diversion and significantly impacts skipability. I'll check it out later.

Okey dokey. Well, it's been a while since I intently looked at Supercharger spacing.

Kennebunk, ME

Interstates: I-95
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1

I-95:
To: Freeport, ME - 41.4 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Augusta, ME - 80.6 miles
To: Brewer, ME - 156 miles

More flexibility along I-95, giving better choice by splitting Seabrook, NH and Freeport, ME.

Plus, this could really help improve some travel from Vermont or New Hampshire, with all-season flexibility, and choices or West Lebanon, NH/Hooksett, NH and Kennebunk, ME/Freeport, ME without having to divert to Seabrook, NH.

Hope they finish Southbound soon. Maybe they'll head up to Baileyville, ME or Medway, ME next ...
Does anyone know who the contractor is?

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and TDR32
Okey dokey. Well, it's been a while since I intently looked at Supercharger spacing.

Kennebunk, ME

I-95:

More flexibility along I-95, giving better choice by splitting Seabrook, NH and Freeport, ME.

Plus, this could really help improve some travel from Vermont or New Hampshire, with all-season flexibility, and choices or West Lebanon, NH/Hooksett, NH and Kennebunk, ME/Freeport, ME without having to divert to Seabrook, NH.

Hope they finish Southbound soon. Maybe they'll head up to Baileyville, ME or Medway, ME next ...

Plopping in that Coming Soon SC in Rochester, NH will open up 16 into the Eastern side of the White Mountains as well as the Lakes.

Kennebunk, ME

I-95:

I will be passing by Baileyville tomorrow. I already posted pics of some markings there in the Aulac thread when I was there a week ago.

Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
31CA9636-9BBC-4970-A7E2-785FBCE3CCCE.jpeg
00EA1F0C-E2AF-47FD-9468-1DD056E8CBAB.jpeg
I will be passing by Baileyville tomorrow. I already posted pics of some markings there in the Aulac thread.
I will be passing by Baileyville tomorrow. I already posted pics of some markings there in the Aulac thread when I was there a week ago.
Almost the same as a week ago in Baileyville. A 20 x 40 staked off area that looks like the perfect (and perhaps only) location here for the chargers. However, there is a new flag with new landscape markings. (See photo) it was not there last week.

Attachments

• 07B66A2B-D22E-4EB4-B894-3BE53552E5D9.jpeg
    07B66A2B-D22E-4EB4-B894-3BE53552E5D9.jpeg
    742.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 6572036C-29FA-46E8-A023-8461133D7496.jpeg
    6572036C-29FA-46E8-A023-8461133D7496.jpeg
    915.5 KB · Views: 45
Almost the same as a week ago in Baileyville. A 20 x 40 staked off area that looks like the perfect (and perhaps only) location here for the chargers. However, there is a new flag with new landscape markings. (See photo) it was not there last week.

OK, that 2nd photo matches with the orange comms flag.

www.digsafe.com/documents/Exacavator Manual Feb 18 2010.pdf

(Funny that it has a typo in the pdf name)

In the 2nd photo, No FP and No TWC would probably be referring to Fairpoint and Time Warner Cable.

Reactions: shonline
Now open. I guess I was one of the first users. I charged on Friday, June 15. Very convenient. Came up on my nav system as a routing suggestion. Nice lobster/crab roll truck in the plaza. Yes, near dog walking but not competitive. No spots were ICE'd. Not as charming as Freeport, but less of a detour.

Very important: This rest stop has access from both 95 and local roads, so you can use the Northbound chargers easily even if you're heading Southbound.

Now open. I guess I was one of the first users. I charged on Friday, June 15. Very convenient. Came up on my nav system as a routing suggestion. Nice lobster/crab roll truck in the plaza. Yes, near dog walking but not competitive. No spots were ICE'd. Not as charming as Freeport, but less of a detour.

Very important: This rest stop has access from both 95 and local roads, so you can use the Northbound chargers easily even if you're heading Southbound.
Glad to hear that it worked well for you. I made the same mistake thinking that you could get to the northbound chargers from the local roads. I illegally went through a Do Not Enter sign when taking the northbound pictures.

You can get to the southbound chargers from local roads. I made sure to triple check. ;) I'll post an update of southbound today after I get home from work.

• Helpful
Reactions: parkds_nyc