Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunrise today. 40 stalls, no waiting. My third time here and it still blows me away! I feel like I’m standing in the future.

A28AE272-30B5-4BF6-A2F6-00A7A3CA272E.jpeg

E05108F7-2CBB-46F6-93E9-21E209C6CC3D.jpeg

3659A993-68F7-4A5B-9394-4DE3CFD3384B.jpeg

AE281303-6FFA-4D1F-AFEB-2B14B6213FEA.jpeg

Attachments

• 35EAE167-DFC5-435E-BC5A-085E7E08719F.jpeg
    35EAE167-DFC5-435E-BC5A-085E7E08719F.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 90
So from the pics, it appears that the cabinets for most of the chargers are under the canopy farthest from the lounge?

I couldn't tell if there's substantial battery storage Powerpacks on site? Any ideas what that smaller enclosed building on the other corner of the site is?

In all the videos and pictures of this site, no one has yet posted any close up shots of those 3 vending machines and what we can look forward to chowing down on.

Can someone please do this when you get a chance?

I'm specifically curious if they offer a 24 day dry aged ribeye. If so, I can skip the Fleming's stop before heading to S.F. and save some time.

RT

The “smaller enclosed building” I believe you are referring to are bathrooms, accessible with the key code shown in the in car nav.

There are Powerpacks on site behind the steel fenced in enclosure. There are two locations where the chargers are.

OK cool thanks. Any idea on the number of Powerpacks?

With 40 stalls, the system could theoretically see something on the order of 2.7MW of peak demand.

Not likely... but even a significant fraction of that is a lot of load to need to offset to avoid significant demand charges...

Is this charger down? My navigation changed my route and is telling to head back to Buttonwillow.

Just saw a message posted on the NorCal Tesla owners Facebook group that Kettleman City is down until around noon today because a truck hit a power pole. Posted around an hour ago from a guy who was/is there, with pictures.

Bruce.

Any idea on the number of Powerpacks?
Here’s a photo showing most of what is inside the fenced in enclosure, before it was completely fenced off (this was taken the day before this Supercharger location was opened for business).

089531EF-CB4C-407D-B309-E9F443127621.jpeg

There is another smaller enclosure in the rear corner by the bathroom building, shown at the far right in this photo, but I never saw inside it. I supposed it could contain some Powerpacks.

FC2B34B7-3AC7-4A2A-866A-20B097937680.jpeg

TMC members are duty bound to photograph it and post in this thread when they stop at Kettleman City CA and charge.

Funny thing about that display. I was at Kettleman at around 3:30am on 12/22, and saw the stats posted on it. Even then, in the very early morning, it showed the Mountain View SC was 100% full.

I was left wondering if it was actually a real-time display, because if it was.... yikes!

Funny thing about that display. I was at Kettleman at around 3:30am on 12/22, and saw the stats posted on it. Even then, in the very early morning, it showed the Mountain View SC was 100% full.

I was left wondering if it was actually a real-time display, because if it was.... yikes!

Might have been some service staff charging up extra cars more quickly or something