Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 The lady's who work there are phenomenal! One of the best parts of visiting there. The first time we visited (a day or two after they opened) my son wanted to play Jenga, but my other two didn't. One of the lady's played Jenga with him. He was so happy. It was actually hard to talk the kids into leaving.

Reactions: DOCAL
+1 The lady's who work there are phenomenal! One of the best parts of visiting there. The first time we visited (a day or two after they opened) my son wanted to play Jenga, but my other two didn't. One of the lady's played Jenga with him. He was so happy. It was actually hard to talk the kids into leaving.
Agree. We charged to 90% at Kettleman on the way home from LA because I had to push my daughter to leave because she was enjoying the WiFi. I don't let her tether her iPad in the car.

First time for me at this SC today while making my way home from SoCal, and with only 3 other cars charging and using an unpaired stall, I was only getting ~45kW starting at 20% SoC throughout the charge.

Temperatures were high, 38ºC (a little over 100ºF) and the fans in my car were going wild... must be the culprit - though I did charge at one of the many chargers in LA yesterday and was getting over 100kW in 36ºC heat.

First time for me at this SC today while making my way home from SoCal, and with only 3 other cars charging and using an unpaired stall, I was only getting ~45kW starting at 20% SoC throughout the charge.

Temperatures were high, 38ºC (a little over 100ºF) and the fans in my car were going wild... must be the culprit - though I did charge at one of the many chargers in LA yesterday and was getting over 100kW in 36ºC heat.
Did you try moving to another stall?

As a reminder, it is very helpful if people would take a picture of the supercharger data screen in the Kettleman City lounge and post it here. It would be interesting in particular to see how much load has been lifted from the Mountain View and San Diego (north) superchargers from the recent openings near them.

The same data screen is also in the Space X charging location too.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Ok I am visiting Kettleman SC for the first time. Wow this is amazing. This is the way it SHOULD be everywhere :)

Anyway, what's up with the PIN requirement at the door? The door the lounge building is locked, and there's a sign indicating you're supposed to type the PIN number you see on your "screen" -- which one? iPhone app? Car?

I went back to the car and see no PIN anywhere. I re-navved to the Kettleman SC even though I was already charging, and looked at the little summary box of the Kettleman SC with the NAVIGATE button, but no PIN there.

Where the hell is the PIN?

I called the 877 Tesla number and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Once again, Tesla executes perfectly EXCEPT in communications. Sigh! Either the car ought to have a big honking PIN indicator on it when you arrive, or your phone app should detect the GPS and say "The PIN for this supercharger lounge is XXX" I mean come on.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
re-navved to the Kettleman SC even though I was already charging, and looked at the little summary box of the Kettleman SC with the NAVIGATE button, but no PIN there.

Where the hell is the PIN?
It sounds like you are looking for the PIN in the navigation turn by turn list. Tap the Supercharger icon on the screen and it will show you the PIN.

• Helpful
Reactions: P85_DA
If you're nice maybe next time I'm at Kettleman I'll aim the camera at the famous data screen instead of just showing the extreme edge of it here. :)

kettleman.jpg