Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We passed through at around 1pm yesterday and it was around 80% in use. Plenty of chargers including 4 or 5 of the 250s available.

we saw around 600mph briefly!

Were you on the V3 or V2 when you got 600 mph? 150 kW (V2) should get you 600 mph but my screen would top out at 500 mph (although the kW continued to increase). It's been a while since I have supercharged so don't know if that is still the case.

But it's 24 regular and 16 v3 to the best of my knowledge.

Sounds good! Hopefully there is a plan to convert the rest of the stalls, however. Not because there will be a need for 40x stalls running at 250 kW at the same time, but for simplicity - so that it doesn't matter which stall someone goes to. A lot of Tesla owners these days are not obsessively following the forums like us and you may get an SR+ owner at 50% who pulls into a V3 stall, not knowing that there is no real benefit to them, and they are preventing a M3P on 10% from using it.

Hopefully they're doing them in stages, and just ensuring that there are 40x stalls of whatever speed active for the big holiday rushes. Perhaps they'll do another batch between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

DF141BEF-D7C9-4D0E-B8B4-1A870E214642.jpeg

Although the in car NAV says we have enough to go to the next SC but looking at the map they all seem to be fairly full so I am guessing most people are charging so they can get to their destination fastest without charging (in our case LA).

The LR 3 RWD is now charging at 85kw. I just did a car count - 27 in line!

Safe travels everyone and be courteous to your fellow Tesla owners!

Tip: if you have handicap parking you may be able to skip the line to the two handicapped parking spots although they look like destination chargers to me.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
40 cars in line wow! Assuming an average charge time of 30 min and 40 superchargers, one car should be able to enter every minute or less. So 40 min wait. Too bad you can just leave your car in line to grab a bite or chill inside and use summons to send it to a charger.