Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish Tesla would make historical occupancy data available. It would be a good data set for trip planning, forum gawking, etc.. ;)

Amen! And while we are at it, Tesla should make more data available as to stall reliability and maximum kW availablility when one must select a paired stall to eliminate guessing where to plug our cars in. But that would be actually doing its customers a service. Tesla hasn't inserted customer service and satisfaction into its business model yet.

• Love
Reactions: AMPd and ohmman
I was at KC yesterday (Monday, Nov 25) around 815am. About 10 cars. The entire north row is 250kW charging. I was the ONLY person in that area. People just didn't know. There were several Model 3's in the "slow" charging. I told one guy he should move, but he was just finishing his charging session anyway. They do have signs...but you'll miss them if you're not looking. I have a Model X 100D, and it was charging at like 160KW. I didn't even know that was possible for my car.

I was at KC yesterday (Monday, Nov 25) around 815am. About 10 cars. The entire north row is 250kW charging. I was the ONLY person in that area. People just didn't know.

Lol. I was just going to post that people already know. On Sunday afternoon the 250s were almost full up and the 150s we’re pretty empty. Sort of an inflection or the—in my experience—historical distribution which is typically more full on the ‘lower’ chargers than the back row.

The app and the touchscreen both indicate that there are only 24 stations available. Once upon a time, there were forty stations available. If the new high-speed versions are up and running, are there other stations that are down? Heading to the coast in the morning for Thanksgiving.

Thank you.

The app and the touchscreen both indicate that there are only 24 stations available. Once upon a time, there were forty stations available. If the new high-speed versions are up and running, are there other stations that are down? Heading to the coast in the morning for Thanksgiving.

Thank you.
I thought they upgraded 16 stalls. So, it seems only the 24 original stalls are currently showing in the status. I'm sure when everything is updated it will show 40 stalls again.

Thank you.

Agree that the app and touchscreen show 24. When I went through the other day, that's what it showed. But all 40 are operational (actually, one was coned off when I was there). But it's 24 regular and 16 v3 to the best of my knowledge. Happy charging!

Reactions: Pluto

Thank you.

I was there today and all 40 including the 16 new V3 chargers were operational. V3 was noticeably faster going from 10% to 94% and the car was ready before my family was.