Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kettleman City, CA (LIVE 15 Nov 2017, 24 V2 + 16 V3 stalls, lounge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a link to the work at this site with some new pictures showing the new V3 cabinets. Can't wait to try it out on my next trip up North! https://electrek.co/2019/11/13/tesla-upgrading-largest-supercharger-station-v3-technology/
IMG_20191111_163142.jpg

I can’t imagine any scenario where they would have started the work if they weren’t REALLY sure it would be done by thanksgiving.
Yeah, I think we all have the traditional BUILD a supercharger expectation of timing and issues, whereas in THIS case its really just upgrading cabling and stations, and maybe some transformers, so the traditional expectation of uncertainty may be unnecessarily poor.

Nice, now maybe all 40 will be ready by Christmas. Depending on what happens during the Thanksgiving Holiday week/weekend, may not have to upgrade the rest of the V2s to V3 this year. Just maybe will have enough thru-put not to create any lines of waiting Tesla's to charge this year. That would be nice too.

Hope the local power company will have enough capacity to handle the demand.

Nice, now maybe all 40 will be ready by Christmas. Depending on what happens during the Thanksgiving Holiday week/weekend, may not have to upgrade the rest of the V2s to V3 this year. Just maybe will have enough thru-put not to create any lines of waiting Tesla's to charge this year. That would be nice too.

I doubt they’d get permits for the upgrade if the power company didn’t have the necessary capacity.

I sort of doubt that they will try and upgrade between Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday. I think they will probably try and get a lot of data about usage. Demand. Power dra . The grid connection etc before fling out all the banks.

I've charged up at the Kettleman City station three times and there've been less than 5 - 6 Tesla's there each time. Maybe I was there at off times?

You should go back in this thread and see some of the pictures taken at peak travel times (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Memorial Day, Labor Day). :)

Bruce.

I've charged up at the Kettleman City station three times and there've been less than 5 - 6 Tesla's there each time. Maybe I was there at off times?

No doubt. I’ve lone wolfed KC multiple times. I’ve also been in a line there multiple times.

Especially during the week and especially at night (or early morning) there’s a good chance it will be a relative ghost town.