Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - King of Prussia, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For proof, see answer below ;)

Yes! KoP on our way home. Would have but Cherry Hill today too but showing temp service and the beach is calling while it’s still 80 and sunny today.
I figured with your member date of 2014 combined with Philly, you had to be the same person I've followed about Tesla on twitter since I first became interested. Glad you had a great trip and that this new supercharger made it easier!

This is great timing! I have a M3 SR+ on order, and I work in Malvern, so the only other supercharger nearby appeared to be Glen Mills, KoP is much easier. Hopefully won't need it often, but good to know it's right there!
Yay! Congrats. Glad to see more Teslas in Philly.
I figured with your member date of 2014 combined with Philly, you had to be the same person I've followed about Tesla on twitter since I first became interested. Glad you had a great trip and that this new supercharger made it easier!

Aww. Thanks :) I joined the Tesla forum and TMC when I test drove and became an owner in 2014. The following year I made a Twitter and YouTube account because of being one of the first to have autopilot but for who knows what reason, came up with a different username and was too tied to this one to change it to match. Silly.

Reactions: BagheeraNY
I didn't realize that this site wasn't open yet. I had a person looking for a charging station near by. We do so much with Tesla's in our area that I often get calls asking if we are Tesla Service or if we know where the nearest charger is. We have our own in house but it ain't no SC. They give any indication as to when this is fully operational?

I didn't realize that this site wasn't open yet. I had a person looking for a charging station near by. We do so much with Tesla's in our area that I often get calls asking if we are Tesla Service or if we know where the nearest charger is. We have our own in house but it ain't no SC. They give any indication as to when this is fully operational?

It opened last week
See the last ten posts or so

Reactions: Xebec
I have a strong preference against more lighting. The area appears to be adequately lit already, with both high poles and decorative low poles in the immediate vicinity.
Lights are very effective for generally increasing security for relatively little cost. At night the northern most chargers are totally shaded by trees from any existing parking lot lights.

Whatever our preferences, Tesla clearly had the contractors put light pole bases in so it's already planned out.

Heading down south from Canada - need to make either Philly or King of Prussia a stop.

Getting a great deal at the Alloy King Double Tree about a mile from the supercharger.

Is it safe to park/walk to the hotel? I see the above post states 'moderate crime in the area'

Us Canadians are relatively crime free haha.

Would it be safer to keep driving to Philly or perhaps even Wilmington Delaware before we take a rest stop for the night?

My last charger stop is going to be the Tannerville Outlets, in PA where I expect to get a 100% charge (330km which realistically will last me about 250km (150 miles) in my 2017 75D!

Heading down south from Canada - need to make either Philly or King of Prussia a stop.

Getting a great deal at the Alloy King Double Tree about a mile from the supercharger.

Is it safe to park/walk to the hotel? I see the above post states 'moderate crime in the area'

Us Canadians are relatively crime free haha.

Would it be safer to keep driving to Philly or perhaps even Wilmington Delaware before we take a rest stop for the night?

My last charger stop is going to be the Tannerville Outlets, in PA where I expect to get a 100% charge (330km which realistically will last me about 250km (150 miles) in my 2017 75D!
Safe - particularly during daylight. Not very pedestrian-friendly, but ok.

I suggest finding a hotel with a L2 charger, or one nearby, as a better alternative than a supercharger a mile away. I think there are L2 chargers in the King of Prussia mall, and a few hotels nearby.

KOP is definitely safer than Philly. As said above, the area is congested and not very pedestrian friendly. But by time you start Supercharging and take into account the time to walk to/from your hotel, you’d be better off grabbing a meal, hitting the grocery store or other shopping until full. You don’t want to accrue idle fees nor unnecessarily take a charger stall.