Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lafayette, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, man, this is awesome. I've been waiting over a year for this sucker to go online so our semi-regular trips between Cincinnati and Chicago become feasible in the MS. No more $75 fill-ups in the wife's SUV! Woot!

Edit: Just realized how many restaurants are within easy walking distance of that spot...nice! Plus, there's a mini-golf place right behind the Meijer, there. Half an hour of putt-putt = enough range to get back on the road. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Still not quite finished in Lafayette.
IMAG1320.jpg

Stopped by again at about 6:30 tonight and they were still working on the Lafayette Superchargers. They had the covers off of several of the pedestals. The guys working on them didn't look like they wanted to be bothered so I didn't ask any questions.

They were still working on the wiring until after 9:00PM last night so they must be under some kind of looming deadline.

Nobody was working on the Lafayette Supercharger when I stopped by today. It looks finished, the only thing I noticed was the access covers on the streetlights were off and the wiring was exposed. Just for the hell of it I backed in and tried to charge. No big surprise, I got a "No wall power" message on the car's display.
I'll keep checking, if nothing else it's a good excuse to go by White Castle.
IMAG1321.jpg

Yes, it's Lafayette that's open.

From you previous posts, I assume that this is Lafayette that is open, but because of the ambiguous title of this thread, I just wanted to be sure that it is Lafayette that just opened.

Thanks for all the updates!

(Mod note: just now split the original combined Indianapolis/Lafayette thread into two and renamed them, hence the original confusion)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to confirm that the Lafayette, IN SC was, indeed, officially open, so I wrote to Tesla and asked. Here's what their email said:

=========================

Hello,

Thank you for the email. Yes, Lafayette, IN is now open. Check out our Find Us page to see which stations are currently operating.

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thanks,
The Tesla Supercharger Team