Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lake Charles, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning. I just happen to drive by the superchargers yesterday evening and noticed it was well iced. I live near by and when I was looking at the NAV, it mention 2 stalls were being used. I thought oh, a great time to meet some Tesla owners since I'm new to the family. Here's what was parked there. Interesting enough how the nav knew there were someone parked there. So, now the question is, what is the best approach to report such behavior? Now granted, the parking lot across was packed but still, there was plenty of parking left.

View attachment 247779 View attachment 247780 View attachment 247781

I have encountered pick up trucks parked there on more than one occasion when I have Supercharged there. Rednecks in Lake Charles seem to delight in showing disgust with Teslas.

Could someone confirm ElecticAC's comment about charging at this location on Monday. I am planning a trip past this area and this could be an important charger. But based on the information from Entergy (the local power company) there should be no power here

Could someone confirm ElecticAC's comment about charging at this location on Monday. I am planning a trip past this area and this could be an important charger. But based on the information from Entergy (the local power company) there should be no power here
I should have clarified. This was at least a couple weeks back. Map seems to indicate no power here, what does the in-car map say?

Last edited:
I've seen several posts on Social Media (and I'm in AZ) about super long lines at this site today.

That's what happens when there's any small hiccup and there are only 6 V2 stalls along a Major Interstate and no other options.

I don't know why there isn't more priority given to the intestate routes? On I-10 you can go from Tucson AZ all the way to Houston before hitting the next V3 charger. That's over 1000 miles with zero V3s.

I can't wait for all the people road-tripping to Austin Gigafest on April 7th coming from CA or Flordia. See you in line at an SC along I-10!! LOL

I've seen several posts on Social Media (and I'm in AZ) about super long lines at this site today.

That's what happens when there's any small hiccup and there are only 6 V2 stalls along a Major Interstate and no other options.

I don't know why there isn't more priority given to the intestate routes? On I-10 you can go from Tucson AZ all the way to Houston before hitting the next V3 charger. That's over 1000 miles with zero V3s.

I can't wait for all the people road-tripping to Austin Gigafest on April 7th coming from CA or Flordia. See you in line at an SC along I-10!! LOL

I saw one of those meme posts earlier today. I was shocked to see how long the line was and how few options there were. That route definitely needs more priority.

Reactions: Sasmania
I drove it last year and yup, mostly V2's. But I didn;t fault Tesla - those were during the rush to 'electrify' the country and now should they choose to 'rebuild' as oppose to 'build new' ? Yes, they will eventually add or put in v3's (or maybe v4's), but I think priority is the sparse locations being opened.

I drove it last year and yup, mostly V2's. But I didn;t fault Tesla - those were during the rush to 'electrify' the country and now should they choose to 'rebuild' as oppose to 'build new' ? Yes, they will eventually add or put in v3's (or maybe v4's), but I think priority is the sparse locations being opened.

Yeah, usually Tesla deals with this by putting new V3 sites elsewhere along the route. Although in Asheville they did add 1 V3 cabinet with 4 stalls to help out.

For all the talk about how "this will only get worse" it seems like incidents like this drive prioritization and they get fixed.

When I came through Lake Charles two Sundays ago, there were two cars charging and two waiting. I chatted with the other two drivers waiting, and they said the charging drivers had told them that the other four stalls were down. Three of the four had hanging handles, but 1A's handle was holstered. I had a long way to go still that night, and so I asked the two waiting if I could try 1A.

When I plugged in, the charger connected and ramped up to around 70kW (probably because I was sharing with one of the charging cars, on 1B). I charged for about 15 minutes--enough to get me to Channelview--and then left so that one of the waiting cars could take my spot.

I thought it as off that 4 out of 6 stalls would be down. In my whole trip, across country on I-10 and back on I-40, I only encountered one other stall, out of dozens of superchargers sites, that wouldn't work, and all I had to do was move one stall down. (I think that was in Buckeye, AZ).

Now, that I see the activity on this thread, I wonder if Lake Charles is just unlucky, or else if someone was playing a practical joke and handing charging cables that were actually working?

When I came through Lake Charles two Sundays ago, there were two cars charging and two waiting. I chatted with the other two drivers waiting, and they said the charging drivers had told them that the other four stalls were down. Three of the four had hanging handles, but 1A's handle was holstered. I had a long way to go still that night, and so I asked the two waiting if I could try 1A.

When I plugged in, the charger connected and ramped up to around 70kW (probably because I was sharing with one of the charging cars, on 1B). I charged for about 15 minutes--enough to get me to Channelview--and then left so that one of the waiting cars could take my spot.

I thought it as off that 4 out of 6 stalls would be down. In my whole trip, across country on I-10 and back on I-40, I only encountered one other stall, out of dozens of superchargers sites, that wouldn't work, and all I had to do was move one stall down. (I think that was in Buckeye, AZ).

Now, that I see the activity on this thread, I wonder if Lake Charles is just unlucky, or else if someone was playing a practical joke and handing charging cables that were actually working?

I feel like people are too quick to hang up handles sometimes. A single bad session might just be a communications issue while setting up the session or some other one-off issue. Who's to say that it wouldn't work the next time?

Although I've also seen a YT video of someone hanging up a handle on the one paired with his. He put it back normally when he was ready to leave and only did it to avoid stall sharing.

My experience is similar to yours. I rarely run into broken stalls.